User Error or a Bug?

ed_gedelay

I picked up a used MFC-101 Mark III for controlling my Axe-Fx II Mark II and, after some setup and use, have noticed a couple of quirky things. I'm not sure if these "issues" are user-related, or if there is a bug in the system. I've searched the manual, this forum, and elsewhere to see what I might be doing wrong, but cannot seem to find an answer.

For clarification, I have the latest firmware installed on both the controller and the Axe-Fx. And the controller is connected (and powered) to the Axe-Fx II with a FastLink connection. I'm also in Axe-Fx mode for the controller.

Item 1
When powering on the Axe-Fx II (and, subsequently, the controller), it starts at a random preset – currently 138. I'll change the preset on the controller to the one I want, and then power off both units when I'm finished. When I power everything back up, it reverts back to preset 138. Any idea what I can change in the settings to power up with the last preset I used? Of note, this issue does not occur when I disconnect the MFC-101 from the Axe-Fx. The last preset I was on always loads when the unit powers on. This issue only occurs when both units are connected.

Item 2
When I pull up a couple of different presets via the foot controller, all of the effects blocks that are triggered by an IA switch load as they were last saved for the preset on the Axe-Fx II – except one. My delay block on a couple of different presets that were saved as "on" are automatically bypassed when the preset is loaded. I've re-saved the preset numerous times with the delay engaged, go to another preset and then come back to it again via the MFC-101. Same issue – the delay is then bypassed once the preset loads (and the preset shows as "edited" on the console face). Any thoughts as to what might be set incorrectly that is causing the preset to have that block bypassed once it loads?

Thanks!

---
ed

There was an issue some years ago were after a firm ware up date things would be crazy, changing the bank size in the mfc, saving it, and then change it back and all would be ok. I however do not remember what exactly the issue was or the firm ware.

I would try a reset since you bought it used first and reload firm ware. if that does not work try the bank resizing. maybe that will take care of it.

I picked up a used MFC-101 Mark III for controlling my Axe-Fx II Mark II and, after some setup and use, have noticed a couple of quirky things. I'm not sure if these "issues" are user-related, or if there is a bug in the system. I've searched the manual, this forum, and elsewhere to see what I might be doing wrong, but cannot seem to find an answer.

For clarification, I have the latest firmware installed on both the controller and the Axe-Fx. And the controller is connected (and powered) to the Axe-Fx II with a FastLink connection. I'm also in Axe-Fx mode for the controller.

Item 1
When powering on the Axe-Fx II (and, subsequently, the controller), it starts at a random preset – currently 138. I'll change the preset on the controller to the one I want, and then power off both units when I'm finished. When I power everything back up, it reverts back to preset 138. Any idea what I can change in the settings to power up with the last preset I used? Of note, this issue does not occur when I disconnect the MFC-101 from the Axe-Fx. The last preset I was on always loads when the unit powers on. This issue only occurs when both units are connected.

Item 2
When I pull up a couple of different presets via the foot controller, all of the effects blocks that are triggered by an IA switch load as they were last saved for the preset on the Axe-Fx II – except one. My delay block on a couple of different presets that were saved as "on" are automatically bypassed when the preset is loaded. I've re-saved the preset numerous times with the delay engaged, go to another preset and then come back to it again via the MFC-101. Same issue – the delay is then bypassed once the preset loads (and the preset shows as "edited" on the console face). Any thoughts as to what might be set incorrectly that is causing the preset to have that block bypassed once it loads?

Thanks!

---
ed
For item 1, the MFC will start on whatever preset the Axe Fx is on when it is powered off (assuming they are connected).

For item 2, are all buttons being used with Axe Fx function? It almost sounds like that one may be set as a general purpose IA, and the initial state is set off on the MFC.

Did you perform a factory reset before setting it up?

Back
Top Bottom