Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I’m kind of torn if I even want to put a panel into my new rack when the III comes (tomorrow fingers crossed that I don’t miss ups)

Only time I actually unplugged anything was when I moved last month. Given I’m not plugging in/out gig after gig, night after night, I doubt I could cause any wear to the III jacks....

I’m also thinking the wireless rack is a bit unneeded these days as well since I’m unlikely to use it at home, and probably will go front panel so I can change impedance for drive pedals etc

I think my rack looked really cool, and I’m proud it was all DIY, but as I spec things out for a new one I’m thinking maybe I don’t even need it anymore

Has anyone done anything like a DIY angled wooden side panel stand ? Just something that would maybe angle it at a 45 degree angle and just sit it on a desktop or side table so you could easily see the screen and tweak the knobs ?

Just sold my Axe II XL and now I have to endure my (unbearable) long G66-wait till Axe FX III can be acquired. On the the waitlist since Jan 30th..
IMG_0346.png

Case: SKB 1SKB-R4S
Depth is 10.5. With the rear cover on, I should have no problems using right angle connectors and actually patch them through the side of the SKB with quick-disconnects for 2XLR's, 1USB, 1Power, 1Faslink, 1xTRS IEM input (from Aviom/ME-1's wired headphone jacks).

Axe FX III
on top

1xGLXD14RG
Wireless Guitar Unit
1xPSM300 Wireless IEM Transmitter
1xRadial Trim-Two Convert Aviom/ME-1 headphones to balanced for mixing with IEM Transmitter

Backback: Unknown, Need FC-12 dimensions
Furman AC-215A

Super small / Peace of mind. The Furman is external to the SKB. I plug that direct into a power outlet, then run my powercord (~20ft) from the Furman direct to the SKB via the powerCON connector. That connector splits AC into 3 plugs for all the devices in the rack.

FC-12 w/2 EV2 Pedals
Hopefully mounted to a nice thin piece of plywood that slides right into the middle of my backpack.

Misc/Cables:
Wireless transmitter, various cables.

Weight: 38lbs

Last edited:
1xGLXD14RG Wireless Guitar Unit
1xPSM300 Wireless IEM Transmitter
1xRadial Trim-Two Convert Aviom/ME-1 headphones to balanced for mixing with IEM Transmitter

Backback: Unknown, Need FC-12 dimensions
Furman AC-215A

Super small piece of mind. I can probably mount it inside the SKB, but it just adds weight that is easer to carry on the back vs in my hand.

I'm missing something in your build. You have three items that require power and the Furman only has two outlets. Do you have an adapter you are using for the wireless units?

The Furman is external to the SKB. I usually plug that direct into a power outlet, then run my powercord (20ft) from it direct to the SKB via the PowerCon connector. That connector splits AC into 3 plugs for all the devices in the rack.

The Furman is external to the SKB. I usually plug that direct into a power outlet, then run my powercord (20ft) from it direct to the SKB via the PowerCon connector. That connector splits AC into 3 plugs for all the devices in the rack.

Gotcha, I like that idea. I have been looking for a half-rack conditioner for a while. I totally missed the Furman. Thanks!

I posted the in another thread, but wanted to post it here as a compact idea for gigging. The Furman PL-Pro DMC is above, the Axe FX III below, and the Vafam patch bay mounted on the rear rack rails just to bring all the connections where I can see them on a dark stage. The stand is a Quiklok foldable heavy duty stand that sets up just an inch to each side wider than the RCF NX12SMA monitor below, meaning there is essentially no floor space needed other than the monitor already required. I don't even remove the monitor from it's cover, just fold the lid open and go. The speaker itself has two angles it can be set on, depending on how far I am from it, and can be stand mounted if needs be on very wide stages.

It's sturdy, compact, and sets up quickly. Been using it for years now (except the newest addition, the III) and it's certainly proven itself on the road.
View attachment 45811

Nice! Would a CLR fit under that stand?

It absolutely would. The legs all pivot from the end of a center bar, so you can make it as wide or narrow as you need within the scope of the leg length. It's either the WS-540 or 640... here is what it looks like with nothing on it, so you can see the pivot points:
https://www.planetdj.com/quik-lok-ws-540
Don't use the WS-640 for this. It's too wide for a 19" rack. You have to angle the legs inward to support the rack, and unless you get everything positioned just right, it won't be stable. And if you do get everything positioned just right, a bump can position it wrong.

The WS-540 is sized just right for rack-mounted gear.

Ok, must be the 540, thanks @Rex . The legs are welded a little differently on the new ones so I couldn’t tell. The center bar on mine is not as long as my rack is wide, so you are on the money.

Last edited:
Don't use the WS-640 for this. It's too wide for a 19" rack. You have to angle the legs inward to support the rack, and unless you get everything positioned just right, it won't be stable. And if you do get everything positioned just right, a bump can position it wrong.

Yep... That's the one I use.

Lots of good ideas, but has anybody else tried to find an RU case that can sit at an angle? I'm looking for a case that can sit at say a 45-65 degree angle for viewing/adjusting above, like the way you can tilt/angle those Fender amps with the metal supports on the sides. It seems we only have a choice of putting our racks up on another chase till it's close to eye level, or bending down really low to a rack sitting on the floor for adjusting.

If there's not something commercially available, can anybody share a solution to this awkward ergonomic problem?

Lots of good ideas, but has anybody else tried to find an RU case that can sit at an angle? I'm looking for a case that can sit at say a 45-65 degree angle for viewing/adjusting above, like the way you can tilt/angle those Fender amps with the metal supports on the sides. It seems we only have a choice of putting our racks up on another chase till it's close to eye level, or bending down really low to a rack sitting on the floor for adjusting.

If there's not something commercially available, can anybody share a solution to this awkward ergonomic problem?

My rack on wheels is vertical, top facing up.

It seems we only have a choice of putting our racks up on another chase till it's close to eye level, or bending down really low to a rack sitting on the floor for adjusting.

I couldn’t tell if you mean in a home/studio situation or at a gig. There are a bunch of angled studio stands, some with wheels, but they wouldn’t take gigging well.

This is is why mine’s on a stand. I could raise the stand higher, but it works for me as is. I used to put my rack on a speaker stand, turned backwards. It worked pretty well. I threw an empty rack on one to show how it works. This may be your option.
F5B7C3C5-4FAF-4555-8CAE-C1006B8BB25E.jpeg

I couldn’t tell if you mean in a home/studio situation or at a gig. There are a bunch of angled studio stands, some with wheels, but they wouldn’t take gigging well.

This is is why mine’s on a stand. I could raise the stand higher, but it works for me as is. I used to put my rack on a speaker stand, turned backwards. It worked pretty well. I threw an empty rack on one to show how it works. This may be your option.
View attachment 45823

Thanks for the info/pic.

Sorry for not being clear, I meant gigging.

My rack on wheels is vertical, top facing up.

That's the only other idea I had and will do in lieu of any other option.

But, while it's better than flat, up high or down low, it's still less ergonomic than a case which can be positioned at an angle which keeps bending over to a minimum.

I think this issue cries out for a market solution to the Axe disease known as tweaking with a guitar on..:)

Back
Top Bottom