Time out problems back with 9.04?

addedc

Experienced
Love the new firmware, but I am now having an endless "Please wait communicating message" now when I try to use AX edit. This happened with 8.04 but I followed M@tt's advice to buy a recommended USB cable and that solved it. Cable isn't cutting it for this. Anyone else experience and find a solutions?

I'm still struggling with timeouts here on my XL+. I never had an issue since upgrading to the XL+ a year ago, but ever 9.02 (i think) the timeouts began. Happens whether MFC is connected or not. I haven't had time to try to revert back through all the firmwares to narrow it down, but I don't play out live anymore so it's more of an annoyance for me. I'm about to reset system params and reflash 9.04 again...

Started having communication timeouts yesterday. Makes it unusable.
I started using a new interface. I wonder if the drivers have anything to do with it?

I been having timeout issues lately and I'm on FW 9.04. I been using DI tracks in Reaper 5.60, 64bit, WIN 8.1, 64bit.
Here is how it goes......

I've got Reaper open and AxeEdit open trying to tweak tones for my DI tracks,
but to do that I need to use the front panel I/O to use USB.

After a few mins I get a timeout and AxeEdit won't communicate until I reboot the axe, happens EVERY time. I use a wireless remote mouse and the dials go nuts, example, bass will go from 5 to 9, or 1 to 7, this is for ALL adjustments.

But yet not using reaper I can use Edit for hours using the same mouse with no glitch, and works as expected.
So, as of now edit is useless for reamping or anything DI related. For me any way. Hope this gets sorted out.

I have a very similar scenario.
Axe edit works perfectly for hours when used alone. As soon as I open a pro tools file and use axe edit at the same time, time outs occur.

Likewise with any other program where USB audio is used such as Garageband, iTunes, iRealpro etc. I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro.

Hoping there's a solution too

I get "timeouts" all the time when I'm using the "manage presets section" doing copy/paste the same preset over and over it goes in "timeout " after about 5 saves out of 25 presets.

Still on 9.04, still getting timeouts. It just happened again without USB connected and while scrolling through bank A factory presets on my MFC. Trying to make sense of it but it keeps surprising me.

Same here, randomly, Win10. latest everything else

There's been plenty of posts about this. Yes, it's still an issue....and random. Several users (and I'm one of them) believe that the issue is happening when using the Axe as an audio interface. Personally, I never have timeout issues when just playing and editing with Axe-Edit w/o any music going through the Axe. YMMV

There's been plenty of posts about this. Yes, it's still an issue....and random. Several users (and I'm one of them) believe that the issue is happening when using the Axe as an audio interface. Personally, I never have timeout issues when just playing and editing with Axe-Edit w/o any music going through the Axe. YMMV

Audio interface eiy... good catch, from what i remember I think this issue always happened when connected with REAPER and AXE-FX as interface.

thanks will check that out

Audio interface eiy... good catch, from what i remember I think this issue always happened when connected with REAPER and AXE-FX as interface.

thanks will check that out

I'm pretty sure that was the initial thought of many here, but I never used a DAW. I said it from day one, only my Axe 2 and MFC connected via USB to the MAC. Never had an issue and as many other have said (me included) it started with Q8.

Is there a series of troubleshooting steps for this problem. I never had it until a couple of days ago. Now I can't get Ave Edit to work no matter what I do. No hardware or software changes that I can identify.

Is there a series of troubleshooting steps for this problem. I never had it until a couple of days ago. Now I can't get Ave Edit to work no matter what I do. No hardware or software changes that I can identify.

Going back to firmware version Quantum 7 is probably your best bet.

Going back to firmware version Quantum 7 is probably your best bet.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been using every version of Q8 and Q9 successfully since they come out. The problem only just started now. In that context, downgrading doesn't make much sense.

It seems like you need to un-install and re-install Axe-edit. Maybe do the same with the drivers. Both can be downloaded from the Fractal web site. That won't probably solve the timeout issue but at least gives you back the Axe-Edit.

It seems like you need to un-install and re-install Axe-edit. Maybe do the same with the drivers. Both can be downloaded from the Fractal web site. That won't probably solve the timeout issue but at least gives you back the Axe-Edit.

Thanks. A complete uninstall and reinstall of all Fractal software solved the problem for me.

Ax8Edit still works with my AX8 I use for gigs. But in my studio, with my II, the timeout problem kept getting worse since 9.04. Today, the timeouts didn't resolve after rebooting and now it won't even connect, even after I reinstalled all the software. This is frustrating. I'd rather be playing guitar.

BTW I am on Windows 10 and using the high quality USB cable Admin M@tt recommended. Fractal USBAudio Control Panel shows up in my active process. The box for selecting a USB Audio device is greyed out but shows Fractal AXFX II. Sample rate is 48K

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom