Tone Matching Block Trouble

Hello Everyone! I fairly new to the tonematching feature on the Axe Fx. I tried it the other day and it seems I got too much buzz in the tone matched sound. I was trying to tone match guitar in an August Burns Red song(Metal tone). I used amp and cabs sims similar to their sound, but its just not really the tone I was looking for in the song I tried tone matching. Do other instruments in the song interfere with the tone matching feature? I'm wondering if I need to Isolate the guitar tracks in the song to get the same guitar tone as the song. I appreciate any response. Thanks!!

Cab sims? You should only have the Tone Match (TMA) block after the amp.

"Do other instruments in the song interfere with the tone matching feature?"

Yes. You really need the guitar tone isolated.

Do other instruments in the song interfere with the tone matching feature? I'm wondering if I need to Isolate the guitar tracks in the song to get the same guitar tone as the song. I appreciate any response. Thanks!!
yes. the tone match doesn't "seek out" the guitar tone - how would it know what that is? it matches whatever audio you feed into it. so isolated guitar is needed.

yes. the tone match doesn't "seek out" the guitar tone - how would it know what that is? it matches whatever audio you feed into it. so isolated guitar is needed.
Thank you very much for the response. How would I go about isolating the guitar track? Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom