A Mammoth Pick

bondsong

Experienced
I got an interesting gift from a friend the other day. It's a guitar pick made from a piece of tusk from a wooly mammoth estimated between 75,000 and 125,000 years old ( apparently they didn't keep very good track of their age).
He carves as a hobby and had recently started playing guitar. He told me he was going to send me something. I had no idea what it was going to be and I never would have guessed it correctly.

It feels good to play with but I'm probably just going to save it.

IMG_2679.JPG

Last edited:
I've got one also that a friend gave me. Mine's not shaped like a pick but more rounded. I think they are quite valuable and he has a set of bridge pins made from Mammoth ivory.

Aren't Wooly Mammoth's on the endangered species list? Hopefully, PETA is not monitor this thread... BTW, Ted Nugent said he wants to own some of these! :)

That is a really cool pick. I would be inclined to just save it, but that's just me. From the looks of that pick, I would say you have a good friend. A man with a good friend is a man who is blessed.

This is the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title!

no_big_picks.jpg

I read the tone is a little brighter than the ones from 90,000 - 145,000 years old. But I read that on the internet so who knows if it's true. LOL!!

All joking aside..... what a cool gift!

Back
Top Bottom