RCF or QSC Experience?

playa

Howdy all. Looking for some live sound speakers. I've checked out most of the FRFR modeling cabs, so this isn't a thread on those...

I'm looking for a more versatile investment first, as I'll use the the cabs for multiple chores aside from AX8 pairing. Having said that, I'm interested to know about how the AX8 sounds with the QSC K10.2 as well as the RCF HD 10A. If you've had any experience with these small powered cabs, or have heard an FAS system through them, please share your thoughts!

Thanks,
cj

Neither of those would be my choice.

Something like a CLR sounds great for guitar and is also very versatile for anything else, multiple inputs, great dispersion, very accurate. I use mine for my synths too

Howdy all. Looking for some live sound speakers. I've checked out most of the FRFR modeling cabs, so this isn't a thread on those...

I'm looking for a more versatile investment first, as I'll use the the cabs for multiple chores aside from AX8 pairing. Having said that, I'm interested to know about how the AX8 sounds with the QSC K10.2 as well as the RCF HD 10A. If you've had any experience with these small powered cabs, or have heard an FAS system through them, please share your thoughts!

Thanks,
cj
I'll let ya know...have a pair of k10.2s comming on Wed!

+1 on the NX12SMA, using it for years and still love it. I have not tried the RCF model you specified though. The CLR many use here is even a notch cheaper.

I use 2 RCF NX12SMA as monitors. I run guitar, keys, vocals through them. They are spectacular.
I also run 2 RCF 732A for FOH, I run everything above including drums and bass. They are also spectacular, the vocal separation is significant.

I've had QSC in the past, liked them but not in the same league IMO.

I bought all my gear from Audiopyle.

Last edited:
RCF NX slaughters the k series. I owned both a k12 and the nx12. Mike Pyle is the man for anything RCF. I have talked to him about various RCF gear for different purposes and he is always the best price on that

Yep, he gives a straight up price, ships quick, and knows the gear he sells. Definitely my RCF guy

Back
Top Bottom