tone match help

edo

Power User
Vendor
I recorded a track into logic, just guitar > amp, which i'm using as template for a tone match reference sending the recorded track into the axe via USB. The tone match sounds perfect, however, if I export it into a cab block, the volume is much lower than regular ir's. What am i going wrong??

It's always like that. I typically set the Cab block level to +5 or +6 dB when using a 'Tone Matched' IR.

Ok, so it's normal that when converting a TM into a cab block IR it loses volume, right?

Cliff chimed in about it years ago. It's by design...... Some kind of 'normalizing' or something?

I’m going to ask a really dumb question, how do you export a TM and make it an IR?
You can't do it from Axe-Edit. You have to do it from the hardware. While Axe-Edit is connected, select the Tone Match block. This will make it show up on the screen on the hardware. Now just page right until you see the Export page. Pick a user cab location, name the IR, and hit enter (twice, I think).

You can't do it from Axe-Edit. You have to do it from the hardware. While Axe-Edit is connected, select the Tone Match block. This will make it show up on the screen on the hardware. Now just page right until you see the Export page. Pick a user cab location, name the IR, and hit enter (twice, I think).
Thank you kindly Mr. Moke, I always use axedit and never used the TM functions before. Badass I must say!

Back
Top Bottom