Igor Paspalj

Inspired
Hi Guys,

Here's my attempt to recreate essence of EJ sound in this cover. It's not perfect, but to my ears sounds pretty close. I covered only the main themes, couldn't bother to learn whole song at this point, since later when performing live, I would improvise anyway :) Using Axe Fx 2 with latest 9.04 Quantum firmware and my 1996 YJM Fender Stratocaster. Cab block + tone match.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Wow! Outstanding! I think you've nailed the tone AND technique. Gawd... I ordered my XL+ two days ago and am doing as much Fractal "homework" as I can to distract myself from the wait. I thought reading the forums would help; then I watched your video and I went back to checking the UPS page for delivery updates... Ha! Great job on the song!

Awesome stuff there! Tone sounds great too.

Thank You Rick. Tone is not quite there yet, but I don't expect it to be perfect, after all, I am not an Eric Johnson :) But I guess "in theballpark" is kind of enough when we speak about Eric's tone :)

Wow! Outstanding! I think you've nailed the tone AND technique. Gawd... I ordered my XL+ two days ago and am doing as much Fractal "homework" as I can to distract myself from the wait. I thought reading the forums would help; then I watched your video and I went back to checking the UPS page for delivery updates... Ha! Great job on the song!

Congrats for a purchase! I am still on Axe Fx 2 mark I, but getting ready for Axe III Anyway, You'll be amazed what this box can do...I am not much of a tweaker, I spend more time just playing and practicing, because I do this for a living. But possibilities are endless - Axe Fx is best invention after Fender Stratocaster - IMHO!

Great tone and playing, Igor! I got to see Eric play that song just last weekend so, it's still fresh in my mind and you absolutely did it justice!

Nicely done!

I think the bottom end is not "loose" enough to be quite authentic (better than anything I could do!), but your tone is probably a little better for my tastes as EJ's tone can get too loose;)

Here's the preset for those who asked. It's made on 1996 Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster (mark I) and i guess it's gonna work best on Strat guitars. When I try it with my Charvel, even in single coil mode, it doesn't sound even close. On humbucker it's complete disaster, lol.

Also, for a cab I am using "2x2 Class-AnTom's Mix Right" which is commercial cab i think, so can't share that one. I am sure there are great alternatives in factory or other cabs you guys have. Also, experiment with tone match block mix, it can drastically shape sound.

Attachments

• Cliffs Of Dover.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom