Hello all, new member here.

milleniumking

Inspired
Hello!!! I purchased a used Ultra that is on its way. Cant wait to start playing with it! Obviously I have a couple of questions that I wasnt able to get answered by searching online. Any assistance and/or guidance would help...

I plan on running the Axe through a power amp.

Axe--> Bryston 2b lp --> Marshall 8 ohm cabinet.

--My question is, XLR balanced or 1/4" unbalanced to power amp from Axe? Why?
--Is it necessary to run speaker cable as opposed to instrument cable from power amp to cab?

I also have a 20w marshall mini jubilee that I was thinking of using as opposed to the power amp. However I heard that it may "color" the tone a bit. Would this be a better option as opposed to the power amp?

Thanx in advance for the help.

Either XLR or 1/4" from Axe Fx to power amp is fine, especially as they are typically short cables.

You need to run a speaker cable from amp to cabinet. An instrument cable should not be used.

If you've got the Bryston already, I'd say use that!

Welcome to the World of Fractal!

Awesome, thank you for the assistance. I do have another question regarding axe edit.... it states I need a midi cable? Anyone have a link to the best one I can purchase that is compatible?

Awesome, thank you for the assistance. I do have another question regarding axe edit.... it states I need a midi cable? Anyone have a link to the best one I can purchase that is compatible?

I would say any decent quality midi cable would work. you would need an interface though midi to usb to your computer. One favorite that seems to been stable is M-Audio Anniv 2x2. There were reports on issues with some interfaces

read more here
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/interfaces-working-not-working-with-the-axe-fx.16129/

So, I havent posted in a while because I had some financial troubles therefore, I had to wait to buy the Ultra. I finally got it about a week ago and I must say it is incredible. Still feeling my way around with the abundance of settings!!! But it is a journey that I am willing to take and am loving it so far.

I experimented today with the power amp simulation. I have it turned off and I must say it sounds better to my ears.
Im running it into a power amp and cab.

Yes, if you have a power amp, turning off power amp sims is a good place to start. But let your ears lead you. Set it however it sounds best to you. That's something to get used to with the Ultra... you're not tied down to "the way the manufacturer made it" anymore. You're the boss now. :)

Back
Top Bottom