Mag/piezo patch...is it possible to split reverb?

axl-fx

Inspired
Hi all

I'm working on a dual patch for a mag/piezo setup but the ax8 only has one reverb block :(

Is there any way to use a single block for both but keep the signals separate?
(like the stereo IR in the cab block)

Hi all

I'm working on a dual patch for a mag/piezo setup but the ax8 only has one reverb block :(

Is there any way to use a single block for both but keep the signals separate?
(like the stereo IR in the cab block)
There are many stereo effect blocks that can do this, however the Reverb block is not one of them. The left and right inputs are summed together, and then sent through the Reverb engine, where a new simulated stereo image is created and outputted along with the original stereo dry signal.

But, you can use a Delay block as a pseudo-Reverb block. It's not quite as lush as what can be accomplished in the Reverb block, but it's pretty good. There are other blocks that can serve as "stand ins" for different effects, helping to increase the number of instances of a particular effect.

There are many stereo effect blocks that can do this, however the Reverb block is not one of them. The left and right inputs are summed together, and then sent through the Reverb engine, where a new simulated stereo image is created and outputted along with the original stereo dry signal.

But, you can use a Delay block as a pseudo-Reverb block. It's not quite as lush as what can be accomplished in the Reverb block, but it's pretty good. There are other blocks that can serve as "stand ins" for different effects, helping to increase the number of instances of a particular effect.

What? Is this true? I'm pretty sure I've created a single chain with some ping pong delays into a wet verb and still heard the left right bounce. If so, perhaps a very good reason to process reverb in parallel always.

What? Is this true? I'm pretty sure I've created a single chain with some ping pong delays into a wet verb and still heard the left right bounce. If so, perhaps a very good reason to process reverb in parallel always.
It preserves the stereo input to the output, but the reverb signal itself is mixed together, as it would in real life in a real room.

Like Chris and I mentioned, the stereo dry signal gets passed through. But the wet signal is made up of a collapsed mono signal. The wet signal has it's own simulated stereo field that is mixed with the original stereo dry signal at the output.

reverb.png

thanks for the replies guys
Moke what some settings with the delay block that would be good to emulate reverb?

thanks for the replies guys
Moke what some settings with the delay block that would be good to emulate reverb?
Here is a sample preset based on one of the presets from one of my (4-Scene) 'Clean to Mean' Packs, with an example of a Delay block setup as a 'Reverb' block, so you can hear it in context. It uses less CPU than the Reverb block with the 'Echo Density' set to 2, and sounds better IMHO.

It can be used when you need two Reverbs, or in place of a Reverb block to save CPU.

Save that block in your Delay 'Block Library' so you can recall it whenever you need it.

Attachments

• Moke's DelayVerb (9.04).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
I am using the Multitap-Delay in Diffusor mode for stuff like this.
It's quite convincing done right.
I usually need this if I use the Reverb 'Hold' functionality to mimic reverberation.

Back
Top Bottom