Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Interesting that you have your Scarlett mounted on your pedal board. I hadn't thought of that, but can see where it could be helpful to do so. Thanks for the idea.
No problem. I just play at home to backing tracks mostly. The 6i6 allows me to mix backing tracks and Trio+ without a computer.
Unusual but it works for me.

Here's the back of my Ax8 with the 4 Hosa CSS103RR cables with the plastic cut down quite a bit. As you can see I managed to cut the insulation a bit too much but only the insulation, it didn't cut any of the actual cable. If you do this I would recommend getting a spare cable just in case.

View attachment 43882

Good reminder why George L's are helpful for pedal boards.

(not an endorser, just a user)

How do you like your Friedmans? I’ve been thinking of going Friedman or Mission for moving some air behind me. Are you using IEM? Part of me thinks I could just buy the shure 525 ears and be good to go.
I have 525's the Red special edition and the AX8 sounds pretty good... I also have the Friedman ASC-12 and it sounds AWESOME!!! It has that "amp in the room" feel for sure... The only thing is you have to keep your low-cut round 120 because it can have too much low-end and I just wish it was louder.

~ss

Hey guys,

Just got my first fractal ax8 after finally being convinced by my other guitar player. I love it! I bought a temple audio duo 34 which I really like despite the 34in width. I also bought the IEC power module. One issue I have is figuring out a way to get the power cable to run through the small holes in the board up to the AX8... I will be running a tuner, maybe one more additional powered pedal and my line 6 G50 so I will need the power to be supplied to those 3 along with my fractal. Obviously I don't want to run any power cables from the bottom of the board. I saw a bunch of screen shots of some guys here who have solved this problem so I am wondering what cables you bought and how you arranged it so you could get the fat end on the top side of the board to plug into the fractal, yet still feed the cable through the wider holes on the board.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Hey guys,

Just got my first fractal ax8 after finally being convinced by my other guitar player. I love it! I bought a temple audio duo 34 which I really like despite the 34in width. I also bought the IEC power module. One issue I have is figuring out a way to get the power cable to run through the small holes in the board up to the AX8... I will be running a tuner, maybe one more additional powered pedal and my line 6 G50 so I will need the power to be supplied to those 3 along with my fractal. Obviously I don't want to run any power cables from the bottom of the board. I saw a bunch of screen shots of some guys here who have solved this problem so I am wondering what cables you bought and how you arranged it so you could get the fat end on the top side of the board to plug into the fractal, yet still feed the cable through the wider holes on the board.

Pretty much only 2 options: Dremel/cut a bigger hole in the board, or what I did; cut the cable, run it through and splice it back together after.

Pretty much only 2 options: Dremel/cut a bigger hole in the board, or what I did; cut the cable, run it through and splice it back together after.

I bought the y-splitter from temple in addition to the power module. One goes to my power supply under the board, the other up through the board into the ax-8. I think the connectors on the splitter are overall slimmer. Just had to cut off the corners a little bit, and it slid straight through. :)

Just had to cut off the corners a little bit, and it slid straight through. :)
That's ridiculous. Temple should make those holes big enough for IEC power connectors to pass through, or sell a power cable small enough to be passed through.

Otherwise, I like their stuff a lot, and plan to buy from them soon. But the issues with passing XLR and IEC power connectors through is not something I look forward to.

E6D699DC-8552-4D8F-A510-AED0CB57CC46.jpeg
That's ridiculous. Temple should make those holes big enough for IEC power connectors to pass through, or sell a power cable small enough to be passed through.

Otherwise, I like their stuff a lot, and plan to buy from them soon. But the issues with passing XLR and IEC power connectors through is not something I look forward to.

After a short run with a HeadRush (a very nice-sounding board, imo), @Giantblue76 & a couple of our friends convinced me the AX8 was going to be a better long-term investment/tool for my needs. Took delivery Monday, have my new pedalboard layout about 60% done now. Waiting on a few cables, an expression pedal, & some stuff from TheGigRig to power the other odds & ends that need powering. I have a gig on Friday, and even though I’ll probably be under-prepared to really use the AX, I may just do that anyway. Really looking forward to learning a lot from you fine folks! Cheers!

Hey guys,

I made the hole bigger with a drill bit. Didn’t take much effort.

Back
Top Bottom