X-LOAD LB-2 Reactive Load Box now available

I predict that nobody's going to buy the LB-2, because we're all waiting for the LB-1.

BUT if Fractal promises a separate cab simulator, then we could all buy the LB-2 now, use it with the Axe II and AX8, and get the cab simulator later.

I predict that nobody's going to buy the LB-2, because we're all waiting for the LB-1.

BUT if Fractal promises a separate cab simulator, then we could all buy the LB-2 now, use it with the Axe II and AX8, and get the cab simulator later.

I'm waiting on the LB-1.... Have you heard any details on it?

I heard this is suppose to have fx in it as well

I received the LB-2 today! I've been playing my cranked 50 watt plexi for the last 45 minutes and I have to say I am very impressed. Switching between the voicing switch is more noticeable than I thought it would be. The UK side feels softer and I think I am hearing / feeling a bit more squish. The US side feels like you are playing through a fender amp...

To my ears, it sounds and feels like I am playing through a speaker.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but when you play a note, there is a dim blue light on the inside which is cool! I guess FAS is moving everything to blue instead of green.

Having a hard time to decide between LB-2 and the Universal Audio OX for a reactive load. Anybody compare these two?

Having a hard time to decide between LB-2 and the Universal Audio OX for a reactive load. Anybody compare these two?

Those two units are very different. How you want to use them? If you have more than one use in mind, it's probably easiest to describe each use separately.

Those two units are very different. How you want to use them? If you have more than one use in mind, it's probably easiest to describe each use separately.

I’m currently using my amp > suhr reactive load > amt pangaea cp-100fx-s IR loader. The fractal lb-2 could replace my suhr reactive load or I could get the OX and get rid of both units. I would use it for both live and recording.

I’m currently using my amp > suhr reactive load > amt pangaea cp-100fx-s IR loader. The fractal lb-2 could replace my suhr reactive load or I could get the OX and get rid of both units.

The LB-2 is just a load -- it has the same functionality as the Suhr RL. There haven't been any detailed comparisons yet, but I would expect the two units to sound similar.

The OX would indeed replace both units. But unlike the AMT unit, you can't load your own IR's into it. You only get the speakers that UA gives you.

Do you have a Fractal AX8 or an Axe II ? Those can load IR's too.

Also, Fractal is supposed to release the LB-1, with similar functionality to the OX. But nobody knows when it will be out.

If you already have an AxeFX, what would be the point in waiting for an LB-1? Just load the amp with the LB-2 and use a cab sim block in the Axe. That should already be very close to what an OX can do or what I imagine an LB-1 will be able to do. The biggest difference would seem to be just ease of use and off-loading some processor demand to the outboard box.

Nope, just ordered mine.
I left the Modeler world. Couldn't gel with FRFR. Tried QSC10, the RCF everyone likes. So I bought a Half Stack and thought I'm luggin all this stuff to get that amp in the back feeling back... so then i went all analog besides my Belle Epoch and Strymon Flint. Anyways...
So I specifically bought this to use as an Attenuator. I liked what Cliff had to say about the dynamic reaction the amp has with the load. That and the fact I can use it passive and run 1 amp output to this and 1 to my Speaker Cabinet and Finally get my Diezel up off of 8:30 & 9:00 for my 2 Masters.

From the Manual:
SETUP: ATTENUATOR The LB-2 can be also be used to reduce the volume of your amp by diverting half the power into its load. Connect one 4 ohm output of your amp to an 8 ohm speaker. Connect the other 4 ohm output to the LB-2 Amp In jack. This will present two 8 ohm loads in parallel to your amp which is equivalent to a 4 ohm load. Half of your amp’s output power will go the speaker and the other half into the LB-2 reducing the volume of your amp by 6 dB. You can also use the DI features of the LB-2 in this configuration.

That's 3 dB -- bug in the manual. Also, I was curious about the output impedance of the DI outputs and noticed the manual doesn't have a specifications section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

So if its soaking 1/2 of my wattage 3dB doesn't sound like a whole lot of attenuation???
I mean with a rock concert being in the 120 range???
Granted just getting my masters past 9:00 is probably gonna help either way.

View attachment 44729 Mine has been delivered! Got band rehearsal tonight, gig tomorrow... on Sunday let the games begin! I have a 2007 Marshall 2203 JCM800KK head, 1978 Music Man Sixty Five head, 2006 Vox AC30/TB6 combo and 2011 Marshall Class 5 C-1 combo....
Can't wait to try 2000+ Irs on the Axe Fx III once i get it!

So what did you think?
How is it as an Attenuator?
Master Volume were where before and after?

So what did you think?
How is it as an Attenuator?
Master Volume were where before and after?
It sounds glorious! I feel bad now for those who rushed to get rid of their tube amps! I haven't dimed the 100 watt Marshall but I used to gig with it with Master on 5 and on that setting it sounds great and no problem for the LB-2 handling it.
As an attenuator, I haven't tried it yet as I figure a 3db volume reduction is not enough for a NYC apartment.

Back
Top Bottom