Help setting up Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2

RatBastard

Inspired
Is anyone else here using this? I need some help setting it up. For input device I am using Axe fx 2 input and for output device I am using Axe Fx 2 output. I am getting no sound. Can anyone help?

I think you need to give a more complete description of your recording setup. Are you using vst or standalone etc. But shouldnt the "input device" be axe fx output and the "output device" be the DAW master out or speakers??

As JJunkie said, you'll need to be a bit more specific about how you're trying to/intending to use it. More than happy to help with setup once you let us know that.

MG2 works quite well for me in an Ableton Live 9 'Live Set' with the Axe-Fx II as the Audio In/Out source (USB connection). I set MG2 up on its own audio channel with no instrument loaded in the GUI. That channel takes a direct signal from the Axe (In 3) and then the MIDI from MG2 is routed to other VST instrument tracks. All audio returns through the Axe-Fx. It's pretty neat.

Thanks for the quick replies. Right now I am using the trial version which is just a stand alone. However, if I really like it I plan on using it in reaper in conjunction with my VSTis. Okay, so for the Interface I have it set to:
Device FAS USB ASIO Driver
Channel - In 1 Out 1/2
Output - Axe FX II Midi Out
Control - Axe FX2 Midi in
Channel - Any/Omni

I am still confused as to why there is no sound. Do I have to somehow link it to Reaper?

Device FAS USB ASIO Driver --> Open the ASIO DRIVER setting and ensure Axe FX is selected in ASIO settings (I'd put my money on this being the problem...)
Channel - In 1 | Out 1/2 - OK
Output - Axe FX II Midi Out - Why? Not sure why you'd do this - Axe-Fx is not a MIDI tone generator.
Control - Axe FX2 Midi in - Why? Are you using a controller attached to the Axe to control MG2?
Channel - Any/Omni - Depends on what you're trying to do

How are you monitoring Audio? Headphones? Studio Monitors? Guitar Amp?
Are the Windows audio settings showing the Axe-Fx as your output?
Can you hear the instrument inputting to the Axe?
Do you have your Output 1 Level up on the Axe?

Try selecting a patch from inside MG2 like 'Acoustic Piano'. Its settings should just work...

Any clues yet?

You can't use the stand-alone version with Reaper or any other DAW. Maybe you can take a screen shot of the "Interface" page in the app. If you're not hearing anything you have a wrong setting. Follow vaultnaemsae"s advice.

BTW you don't need to use it in Reaper to use your VSTI's unless you're recording of course. The VSTI's are available in the stand-alone version also.

Hi, I bought the midi guitar 2 and it really is very good but I have a problem. The fact is that I can not stop hearing the sound of my guitar while the midi sounds. Its not good because you do not get the feeling that you are playing the virtual instrument. I've seen videos where the guitar sounds and not others. I do not know if you can think of what the reason may be. I tried it with the standalone and with the Reaper loading kontakt but nothing. As an audio driver I use an ax fx2.

Thank you very much friends!!

I just saw this thread, and don't mean to derail it, but here is a complete nooob and probably very stupid question: I have an Axe-FX II and a laptop with JamOrigin MidiGuitar. Is the Axe-FX the only thing I need here, or do I need a dedicated sound card for the laptop as well? I want to use the Axe with a regular power amp and cab for the guitar sounds, and two active Electrovoice monitors for the JamOrigin output.

Back
Top Bottom