Late 70's Marshall JMP Master Model 50w Mk2. Lead

Chiguete

Experienced
20171227_205953 - Copy.jpg 20171227_205836 - Copy.jpg So what would be the cosest amp available to this and what is maybe needed to be changed in the advance parameters to make it more like it? In the Fractals they jump from the early Plexi models to the JCM800 but many say those models just before the JCM800 where the best Marshalls ever (specially with all the players that actually recorded all those great hard rock/metal albums in the late 70's early 80's.

I have this amp! Mine is a '78 with matching 4x12, its killer sounding! Yours looks quite a bit cleaner than mine.

I've not tried to match the tone in the axe fx, so I don't have any advice to offer. Following this thread to see whats said...

None of our models are exactly the same as that. You can probably get close with the 1987x and some tweaking.
OK so I was not mistaken then. Well maybe you could points us in the right direction on where to start tweaking knowing what diferences there are on both designs by your part?

PS:
Maybe this can be a futuro model to add to the Fractal amp models?

Anyone has the schematics of those late JMP models? I can only find the schematic from 1976 and I've heard they where some small changes for the models build from '78-'80.

Aside from the 1987x suggestion, I would start with a JCM800 model. That, with a drive block in front will get you most Marshall JMP and JCM tones.

I've asked this before and would love to see the late 70's 100W JMP model in the Axe FX. I'm always up for tweaking amps, but without the physical amp I feel it's impossible to tweak the existing models to make them sound like the JMP. That's simply because I have no idea how the JMP should sound like.

Last edited:
Aside from the 1987x suggestion, I would start with a JCM800 model. That, with a drive block in front will get you most Marshall JMP and JCM tones.
Drive block for the extra gain stage? Does the JMP really have an extra gain stage compared to 2203 JCM?

Drive block for the extra gain stage? Does the JMP really have an extra gain stage compared to 2203 JCM?
I think it has an extra gain stage compared to the early JMP models or Plexi models... that's what made it sound great and what the JCM has too.

Back
Top Bottom