Any drawback with putting the cab at the end of the signal chain?

Hansen

Experienced
The reason why I am asking is that I run 2 signal chains in all of my presets:
1. To FOH
2. Without cab simulation to a power amp

In the past I have always put the cab right after the amp with blocks such as PEQ, Vol/Pan, Reverb, delay, etc after the cab. I just looked at page 17 in the AX8 manual and there the cab is placed all the way in the end and it has a tons of blocks infront of it. I guess this enables the preset to use a lot less CPU as the route signal to the amp only has one block, FX Loop, instead of duplicates of all the other blocks.

Are there any drawbacks with putting the cab in the end of the chain?

Any stereo effects before it will be collapsed to Mono if you don’t use a stereo cab that’s panned.

Great thanks. I see that reducing the number of block (typically 2-3) in my chain to the amp reduces CPU by ca 10% from 70-80% levels that are on most of my presets. Will that 10% reduction have a big change on the gap time when switching presets?

Great thanks. I see that reducing the number of block (typically 2-3) in my chain to the amp reduces CPU by ca 10% from 70-80% levels that are on most of my presets. Will that 10% reduction have a big change on the gap time when switching presets?

Don't expect any noticable improvements

Back
Top Bottom