X-LOAD LB-2 Reactive Load Box now available

I expected it to be a reactive load + digital device which can load IRs and simulate speaker compression, motor drive etc. But it's "just" a quite standard load box. So what sets it apart from other products which are in about the same price range?

Cliff: "The impedance of our load actually resembles a real speaker. The same can't be said about some of the other so-called "reactive loads". Furthermore I've developed proprietary magnetics technology so the impedance changes with applied voltage, like a real speaker does. Most importantly though, it sounds really good. I've tested just about every reactive load out there and ours actually sounds like a real speaker. In fact I'd go so far to say it sounds better than when I use my iso cab as a load."

Hi, I have a stupid question regarding impedance.
I’m used to playing through 16 ohm boxes. In order to use the x-load I would have to set my amp to 8 ohm (right?). How would that affect the sound?

I expected it to be a reactive load + digital device which can load IRs and simulate speaker compression, motor drive etc. But it's "just" a quite standard load box. So what sets it apart from other products which are in about the same price range?
It gives you the speaker responce choice of UK or US character

Hm ... Well I know Cliff is a brilliant man, but those "arguments" don't really convince me. Other manufacturers will say the same thing about their products, so what I personally would need are hard facts delivered by independent people who also know about this stuff.

I'm a LITTLE biased about load boxes. My bandmate uses a Mesa CabClone, which in my opinion sounds like shit. I know, it's no reactive load box, but he always uses it together with a cab, so that doesn't really matter. Still, I just don't like how it sounds. It's ok in the mix though, but I'd expect a good isolated sound. The speaker simulation is basically an equalizer, 4-5 band tops.

I guess I'm waiting for sound demos. If they convince me and as soon as the LB-2 is available in Europe, I'll try to convince him to get one and get rid of the CabClone :mad:

so what I personally would need are hard facts delivered by independent people who also know about this stuff.

I guess I'm waiting for sound demos. If they convince me and as soon as the LB-2 is available in Europe, I'll try to convince him to get one and get rid of the CabClone :mad:
These two things don't align IMHO. No one plays or sounds like you. So no other experience buy your own should matter here.

Man, what a turd. I’ll give you tree fiddy for it!

Haha, I watched that episode after Cliff quoted it. I can't pinpoint why but I found it so extremely funny.
I wish we spoke English here in The Netherlands so I could insert tree fiddy in every conversation.

Haha, I watched that episode after Cliff quoted it. I can't pinpoint why but I found it so extremely funny.
I wish we spoke English here in The Netherlands so I could insert tree fiddy in every conversation.

C'mon, yek. Almost all dutch people speak English, and a lot do speak german too. Very different over here.

IMG_1501.JPG Mine has been delivered! Got band rehearsal tonight, gig tomorrow... on Sunday let the games begin! I have a 2007 Marshall 2203 JCM800KK head, 1978 Music Man Sixty Five head, 2006 Vox AC30/TB6 combo and 2011 Marshall Class 5 C-1 combo....
Can't wait to try 2000+ Irs on the Axe Fx III once i get it!

Last edited:
Received my LB-2 today and paired it with my Swart AST mkII and it sounded great into the front input of the AXE XL+. Maybe I should see if there's a difference from the back input. Its really cool to have all my pedals in front of the amp and the Axe effects behind the cab block. Its going to be a great tool for recording. Looking forward to testing out with the Mark 5:35, Supersonic 22 combo, and Pro Junior.

Received my LB-2 today and paired it with my Swart AST mkII and it sounded great into the front input of the AXE XL+. Maybe I should see if there's a difference from the back input. Its really cool to have all my pedals in front of the amp and the Axe effects behind the cab block. Its going to be a great tool for recording. Looking forward to testing out with the Mark 5:35, Supersonic 22 combo, and Pro Junior.

Next time you use it try it in a dark room ;)

Back
Top Bottom