AxeFX III: What's Missing?

As lots of members have stated - it’s a real bummer that the Axe III doesn’t have Bluetooth for a remote editor.... I always have an iPad with me - as all my music etc is on there along with mixing software for my desk.... it would be ideal to have Axe edit on iPad to remotely edit the Axe III..... A bit of a major oversight I think.

Bluetooth would be nice, as long as it doesn’t contribute to audio interference. Or as long as it was able to be turned off if not used.

I'd say, 3 Amp blocks with 3 channels each is better than two amp blocks with 4 channels each.

+1, since modifiers are still shared across channels, 3 3-channel or 4 2-channel amp blocks would be better ...

One of my biggest wishes for Axe III was that the modifiers would no longer be shared across channels (ability to have separate modifiers with varying settings on the same control across different channels within a block, or, a modifier on a control in one channel and no modifier on the same control in another channel within a block). On the Axe II this limitation often forces me to use 2 amp blocks (with differing modifiers on the same control) instead of being able to use 1 amp block if the limitation did not exist by allowing an amp block with differently set modifiers on the same control in X and Y in the same block.

This crops up in most of my patches since I looove to put a modifier on amp gain to control it with a pedal (works sooooo well with
Axefx - can go from light grit to high gain and anywhere in between depending on expression pedal position - I also attach the same modifier to the amp level control allowing me to keep level volume between lo-gain to hi-gain. Works beautifully, BUT, if I want a dirt amp in X with these modifiers attached, and a clean amp in Y without these modifiers (clean gain / level settings could be drastically different in Y than in X), it's not possible and I have to go to a 2nd amp block for clean sounds. Always seemed unfortunate to me, and more so now on the Axe III with double the channels but still having to share modifiers.

In a way though, I have new hope in this regard since I suspect "modifier sharing" was necessary up until now in the interests of keeping cpu/memory usage in check; but now, with an Axe III that's 2.4X the DSP, who knows, maybe this is something that's now a possibility in future firmware updates. Even allowing channels to override a given modifier to "None" with a specific value setting where other channels still use the modifier would be a huge advance (this is almost possible now as initial values can "stay put" on a given control, but as soon as the modifier is used in X or Y, the value in all channels (x or y) sharing that modifier will (often undesirably) move to the current modifier value).

Last edited:
Slow to the point of unusable and disconnects often. Most I’ve talked to share the same view.
That's funny. As a member of x32/m32 professional group no one shares this view and further thousands of professionals rely on it daily.

I guess it's the circle your in huh?

That's funny. As a member of x32/m32 professional group no one shares this view and further thousands of professionals rely on it daily.

I guess it's the circle your in huh?
You’re saying that nobody in that group recommends an external wireless router compared to the built-in on the x-air products? Really? The x32 and m32 do not have built-in wireless.

Even here just recently people recommend external routers:

I've been using an XR18 since it was released, a few shows every month. I have an external router hooked up to it so I can access it on 5Ghz which I would say is a must.

you know you can edit from a computer, laptop or tablet, right?

Of course. Axe Edit is all I use at home, but I find it impractical to lug a laptop to and from band rehearsal. Portability is the main reason I use a Axe over an amplifier, and the more stuff you lug the more you defeat the purpose. I don’t have a tablet that can be spared for this, and I’m not investing in one to edit my $2500 modeler.

Of course. Axe Edit is all I use at home, but I find it impractical to lug a laptop to and from band rehearsal. Portability is the main reason I use a Axe over an amplifier, and the more stuff you lug the more you defeat the purpose. I don’t have a tablet that can be spared for this, and I’m not investing in one to edit my $2500 modeler.
Forgive me, maybe I'm missing something? If Bluetooth was included, it would've likely raised the price? And to use Bluetooth for editing, wouldn't you need a tablet or laptop anyway?o_O

You’re saying that nobody in that group recommends an external wireless router compared to the built-in on the x-air products? Really? The x32 and m32 do not have built-in wireless.

Even here just recently people recommend external routers:

Even the option of being able to use an external router would be good - better than nothing at all - real shame of a missed opportunity.

The built-in router of the XR-18 is indeed a disaster. The Behringer forum is filled with issues and very long walkthroughs to solve them.

WiFi (especially a closed circuit) is great but comes with obstacles. Look at UA’s OX which relies on WiFi. Fantastic but a lot of issues FAS would have to hire extra service support personnel.

Honestly, so far, every device I've played with that has a Bluetooth interface, the implementation has felt cheap. It's a neat idea, but overall, with current tech, it seems to be a better fit for the fad/toy/intro market.

I do like the idea of using my phone to edit wirelessly, but I really feel I'd end up using something with a bigger screen, and hardwired far more often. Especially since I do most of my editing with the laptop that is already with my equipment.

I will say, I'm also not into the idea of editing patches at a gig, or practice. I want my patches ready to go by the time I get to that point. I've never even done post eq at a gig, that's what sound guys get paid to do, and so far I've never had a sound guy complain about actually having to do their job.

What a joke.

This isn't a convince the naysayers thread... It's a what's missing thread about what people want to see.

Now I rem why I stopped visiting the forums here.

Have fun keyboard warriors.

Back
Top Bottom