Not a Bug Angel Severe Presence Control

GreatGreen

Power User
Does this control sound funny to anybody else? It's been this way for a while, but I don't think I've seen any threads on it.

I remember when the amp model came out a long time ago and the presence control was this incredible thing that at low settings made the amp a tight but smooth high gain amp, like an ultra-modern Mesa Mark series amp or something, and then at high settings it would turn the amp into a fire breathing Uberschall-on-crack sounding monster. Turning it up would rip your head off in the best way.

Now, the presence knob makes the amp sound pretty bad if it's not set right around noon. From 11:00 and below, it turns the amp into something weak and mid-humpy, and from 1:00 an above it sounds like a heavily applied high pass filter, killing any body the amp had.

What happened to the Angle Severe?

Was the Contour knob accidentally modeled as the Presence control during an update maybe? Seriously, go back and try out firmware 14 when the model was first introduced, the difference is there.

Last edited:
Does this control sound funny to anybody else? It's been this way for a while, but I don't think I've seen any threads on it.

I remember when the amp model came out a long time ago and the presence control was this incredible thing that at low settings made the amp a tight but smooth high gain amp, like an ultra-modern Mesa Mark series amp or something, and then at high settings it would turn the amp into a fire breathing Uberschall-on-crack sounding monster. Turning it up would rip your head off in the best way.

Now, the presence knob makes the amp sound pretty bad if it's not set right around noon. From 11:00 and below, it turns the amp into something weak and mid-humpy, and from 1:00 an above it sounds like a heavily applied high pass filter, killing any body the amp had.

What happened to the Angle Severe?

Was the Contour knob accidentally modeled as the Presence control during an update maybe? Seriously, go back and try out firmware 14 when the model was first introduced, the difference is there.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-firmware-release.106931/page-12#post-1280997

Back
Top Bottom