Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

all niche and odd ball amps aside, the ones I think really shouldn't be missing in such an advanced modeler to complete the collection would definitely be...

Marshall Major
Park
A/DA

one of the more odd ball ones would have to be...

Carvin X100B

especially with the improved architecture of the III I'd also vote for the inclusion of the remaining missing channels of already available amps as you could then easily recreate whole amps as they are in real life.

all niche and odd ball amps aside, the ones I think really shouldn't be missing in such an advanced modeler to complete the collection would definitely be...

Marshall Major
Park
A/DA

one of the more odd ball ones would have to be...

Carvin X100B

especially with the improved architecture of the III I'd also vote for the inclusion of the remaining missing channels of already available amps as you could then easily recreate whole amps as they are in real life.
+1 on the Park and missing amp channels of existing amp models ;-)

Please add:

• Ampeg Portaflex
  • Aguilar DB 751
  • Acoustic 360
  • Burman Pro 4000 (more info here: Help: Trying to bild a Burman Pro 4000 Amp in the Axe FX 2)
  • Eden World Tour 800
  • Gallien Krueger 800RB
  • Gibson Thor (tube version)
  • Hartke Model 1400
  • Marshall Major
  • Marshall Town & Country
  • Polytone Model 101 or Mini Brute
  • Rickenbacker Transonic
  • Sunn Model T
  • Sunn 2000s
  • SWR Super Redhead
  • SWR Bass 750
  • Thunderfunk TFB800-B2
  • Trace Elliot V8
  • Traynor YBA-3A
  • Vox Royal Guardsman
  • WEM PA-1000
These would make bass players really happy as well as certain guitar players and bury the competition.

Most if not all have a good schematic floating around the interwebs too.

This. I don't even play bass that often, but I do need to lay down some tracks sometimes and variety is the spice of life! This is probably the only area that I can think of that Cliff has promised but not delivered.

A thought struck my mind:
A Sunn Model T would be nice.

I could also life with a good ear match just like 'Das Metall' ;)

Here area few that would be cool:

Dumble Steel String Singer (clean)/ Bludotone High Plans Drifter

New Two Rock Custom Reverb (circa 2017)

PRS Grissom

PRS Archon

Old Gibson GA-30 or GA-40

An old Acoustic solid-state head like Albert King and Frank Marino used to play....

...and a Pignose!

Yes yes yes yes yes !

+1 for Victory Amp models.

And +1 for more FAS models. There’s an opportunity there to make some really interesting amp that have yet to be designed in the real worl (or even impossible to design in the real world)

Does it work like that?

Not strictly speaking, but I believe some of the models do exist because a specific specimen was sent to Cliff. I think the point was, the dollar amount of amps that has been requested is astronomical. It’s not financially feasible for Cliff to model all of these amps without “donations,” and even then, the models (I’m assuming) take a lot of time to dissect, create, and test. This of course is only part of the chorus of requests sent to Cliff daily.

It’s important for the community to voice their wishes, but it’s also important to keep in mind the time and money required to fulfill those wishes. The wish list is infinite, time and money are not.

There’s a gazillion amps out there. They don’t exactly all sound *that* much different. I’m curious to know which of these amps people are asking for actually have a signature sound that is distinct from any of the other 200+ amps already modeled by Fractal. So many amps out there are subtle variations of existing amps.

For example, today I tested a guitar with a great sounding Boogie Fillmore combo. I would never expect Fractal to model that amp. It’s basically a Fender type amp with some cool gain staging options and two channels. It sounded great but it wasn’t a new or unique tone fundamentally. The Fractal amp block has so many tone shaping tools that can compensate for these subtle variations.

I feel like these can all be tone matched. Hell, the Roadking II is basically a recto with switchable tubes and Lonestar cleans.
The MP-1 is really unique, IMHO, as someone who used to run one as a daily driver.

Leon Todd's tone match was cool, but I still jones for a legit Fractal magic model of that piece. The tone stack was really different for example. The SS clean was in the same ball park as a JC-120 and the tube clean channel was underrated. Sigh. On the downside it was noisy a f*ck.

As for others:
+1 on the Sunn or anything related to Stoner/Doom.

Speaking of which: Moar Orange! A TH series amp better yet an OR would be nice those are unique and are truly iconic.

And a f'n Wizard or Elmwood Modena would be nice... those are sort of in the clips sound amazing and I probably will never get to play one IRL at this point.

Don't care what the curmudgeons say. New amp models are fun. The III deserves a few unique ones.

There’s a gazillion amps out there. They don’t exactly all sound *that* much different. I’m curious to know which of these amps people are asking for actually have a signature sound that is distinct from any of the other 200+ amps already modeled by Fractal. So many amps out there are subtle variations of existing amps.
The man is wise.

The MP-1 is really unique, IMHO, as someone who used to run one as a daily driver.

Leon Todd's tone match was cool, but I still jones for a legit Fractal magic model of that piece. The tone stack was really different for example. The SS clean was in the same ball park as a JC-120 and the tube clean channel was underrated. Sigh. On the downside it was noisy a f*ck.

As for others:
+1 on the Sunn or anything related to Stoner/Doom.

Speaking of which: Moar Orange! A TH series amp better yet an OR would be nice those are unique and are truly iconic.

And a f'n Wizard or Elmwood Modena would be nice... those are sort of in the clips sound amazing and I probably will never get to play one IRL at this point.

Don't care what the curmudgeons say. New amp models are fun. The III deserves a few unique ones.
I didn't even see the MP-1, my eyes went straight to the Mesas. I'm all for more amps especially if they're different in tonestack and behavior.

Back
Top Bottom