Is it me or is the Axe fx 3 aesthetically unpleasing?

The more I see it the more the only thing I don't like is that blue logo. I don't know if it's the shade of blue, the font, the fact that it's there or what... But something about that blue logo just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't make A beautiful thing ugly, but it's also definitely not adding any bonus points for me.

Fuck I want one of these things.

The more I see it the more the only thing I don't like is that blue logo. I don't know if it's the shade of blue, the font, the fact that it's there or what... But something about that blue logo just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't make A beautiful thing ugly, but it's also definitely not adding any bonus points for me.

Fuck I want one of these things.

....it's going to look GREAT beside my Blue Auralex !

Would you prefer?
zulhpxkytxmdgv31h6do.jpg
I remember being so envious of those things back in the late 80s/early 90s when all I had was my little peavey backstage 30!

I imagine big companies might employ people just to design the aesthetics, so to keep a democratic price, another side would suffer, like reliability or components quality for instance.

Whats with all the complaining about the 3-space rack size? Do you want the bigger screen or not?

Whats with all the complaining about the 3-space rack size? Do you want the bigger screen or not?
Personally? I could live without it. I do any real editing with Axe Edit... And the color screen is also not important to me.

But, I'll take 3u and shallow(er) rather than 2u and deep...

And I don't have a problem with getting the updated screen! ;)

Don't really care one way or another about that, but I do like the additional I/O options that we have room for with the larger unit now. I'm sure I'll enjoy the big screen too once I get it.

When it was all about the axe fx 2 a month ago, people always hated on the screen. Now with the 3 out people are hating on the 3u design for the larger screen. I like appreciate both aesthetics of the units.

When it was all about the axe fx 2 a month ago, people always hated on the screen. Now with the 3 out people are hating on the 3u design for the larger screen. I like appreciate both aesthetics of the units.
Yup. One of the most frequently-asked-for improvements was a higher-resolution color screen. Now that it's coming, most people are loving it, including 100% of the people who've used it. It's just a small minority that doesn't like it or doesn't care. But now there's a thread about it, and that makes it look like there are more.

I think it looks fine as is. Would I have designed it like that? Nope. Not at all. I'll compare it to my X32 rack. It has a nice screen, a bunch of buttons, some knobs, etc... but I find I rarely use any of that. I do the majority of my interface with the X32 through Mixing Station on an Android tablet. The X32 could literally be a black box to me. As long as the controlling app is good and robust then that is all I need.

So, for the AxeFx III, remove the screen, the buttons, the encoders... all that stuff you can touch and see. Put all those functions in software. Design a sleek customizable app that runs across platforms. Make it a 2u, or even a 1u if all the I/O can fit. Have a front panel with a logo and a power switch.

Back
Top Bottom