Fractal Facebook page

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Is it just me or are the vast majority of people on the Fractal Facebook page way less informed and way more judgemental and argumentative?

I recognize the people that are both here and there, and for the most part the folks from the forum seem to be the only ones that can interact decently with others.

I'm probably going to drop out of the Facebook page because it just gets old after a while...:(

same here, i avoid FB as much as possible. Sick of every aspect of it. i have phone #'s and email addresses of the people i need to stay in touch with. even switched most of my music promotion to instagram. finding i get more new fans that way

No "social" media for me. Don't do Facebook at all (will not put penny one int Zuckerberg's pocket), not a Twitter twit, don't do instagram, snapchat or anything else. Did Facebook for awhile wile I was with Supernal Endgame (a lot of our fans were on Facebook), but I cancelled my account as soon as I left the band). I can live without that stuff.

I saw so much my daughter having nervous attacks because of fb, it did not make me want to try!

On the other hand, there are times when I would like to see more contents, regarding certain brands!

but I live very well without!

Last edited:
People slamming the new III right and left when it was announced. I don't get it. This is a beautiful piece of gear which represents some serious hard work and I can't help but think the FAS community had a lot of input based on trial, error, contributions, etc. So much stinking misinformation and negativity on those FB post and what I have to perceive as either jealousy or an abundance of butt hurt for whatever reason.

I got tired of it and I started looking stuff up on the III, researching and quoting actual facts that FAS had released. I don't know if it worked on anyone else but I think I wound up selling myself one...lol.

Facebook in-general I can handle. It has its pitfalls but I can navigate those fine. It has allowed me to reconnect with a lot people from my youth and I like that aspect.

I don't typically join "groups" there but I joined the Fractal group because I assumed it would be a similar experience to this forum.

It's not... And I'm going to be removing myself from the group today.

I enjoy helping people, but it's just not worth the headache there.

I only use the Messenger side of it because that’s how some friends chat. Hardly ever bother with the timeline waste of time part of it.

Years ago friends convinced me to join FB, in the long run I found it annoying (but it did have a few good things also: very few).
So I ditched it, I never even signed up for twitter or anything like that.

People slamming the new III right and left when it was announced. I don't get it.

A friend of mine was telling me the other day the AF III has some sort of defect its all over facebook. I asked what? Turned out to be the lighting of the logo. There is a thread on this forum regarding that subject also, but on this forum the subject is a bit lite in nature, compared to facebook.

From what he was telling me I am convinced the is a small "community" (for lack of better term) out there, that just want this unit to fail right out of the gate. I suspect it is made up of people who use other products, and feel a real strong pride with them or people who cant afford this thing and just so jealous they feel the need to attack it. Or most likely a combination of both.
I have product pride also but not slamming other products, especially if it has not even hit the streets yet. And can also acknowledge when a competitor did something that is a big step up IMO. Ex: I like the original POD, everything after that sucked IMO till the Helix. Great step forward for Line 6.
Probably a bit of fear going on also (as to what I could not tell you) but when people lash out with nothing to back it up there is usually some sort of fear going on.

Just my 2 cents
John

Back
Top Bottom