Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

FPGA ?
(Field-Programmable Gate Array)

A field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit designed to be configured by a customer or a designer after manufacturing.

The real question is if I had JP's beard and/or Larry Mitchell's dreads, would I already have an Axe-FX III? Seems like it's getting hairy time!

What's the FPGA in the new Axe used for ?
Axe-Fx II used an FPGA too, from the manual: "A 200K gate FPGA provides peripheral functionality and system bus management."

Since the marketing says "DSPs comprise the main audio engine" of the Axe-Fx III, I'm guessing the FPGA still does the same thing it did in II. The wording groups peripherals and FPGA together so it seems to reflect this, "a proprietary FPGA and a rich set of peripherals."

The real question is if I had JP's beard and/or Larry Mitchell's dreads, would I already have an Axe-FX III? Seems like it's getting hairy time!

Go back in time, grow a beard by the III launch date, see if it works, tell us. Repeat for dreads.

The beard appears to be a winner though - nobody in the world has as many signature guitars as this guy. And I don't think Mesa did a signature amp for anyone else?

Yes, this is absolutely fabulous, the mutil-delays and Plex Delays are better than ever. You can easily get ambient sounds on the III that would crush the XL+s cpu. With the combination of Channels and Scenes you can reduce the number of presets significantly. The expanded routing, channels, and scene also makes spillover with in a preset pretty trivial.

There's javajunkie... he's not dead! :)

Back
Top Bottom