Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

The Keystone DSPs (that I'm aware of) have a pretty wicked ethernet co-processor with all the bells and whistles. They have native 10Gb and a full security and packet processor onboard. I wonder if the Fractal folks will ever be exposing that to the world? Wouldn't it be awesome to have a AFIII on the network to sync presets, load IRs, and expose loads of automation, etc etc? Maybe even send audio over ethernet instead of pulling USB cables?

That is a good question. I asked something similar to this earlier as to why the AFX III does not have a remote wifi or bluetooth editing option. Cliff seems to be answering questions left and right on many other things but all I've heard is crickets on this one....

Bluetooth support, apart from the hardware, which may or may not be trivial, also would require writing mobile apps, testing them, updating them, dealing with app stores/mobile OS updates. That in turn would require two new teams of developers. It may or may not be beneficial commercially, but regardless of that, its an additional endeavor, and I guess they have been rather busy without more challenges.

Just a guess.

It's worth noting that the product is 30+ days from shipping, and the Axe III forum already has 3 pages of threads. Mania.

And I predict the waitlist will be populated for a good solid year...unless FAS has a the factories on war footing for this initial surge.

It's worth noting that the product is 30+ days from shipping, and the Axe III forum already has 3 pages of threads. Mania.

And I predict the waitlist will be populated for a good solid year...unless FAS has a the factories on war footing for this initial surge.

I'd bet that the waitlist is how Cliff is judging demand. If that's true then by now every factory in Shenzen is probably working on Axe mainboards.

/sigh

Here we go again. =)

So when will the AxeFX IV come out!?!?!?!

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

Needless to say, since I just bought an XL+ in the last year, combined with the fact I have trigger finger in both hands and hope to have corrective surgery in March....I don't see buying a III any time in my near future. At some point, maybe, but it's just not in the cards at the moment.

Congrats to FAS on the innovation. I look forward to the day I own one.

Back
Top Bottom