AxeFX III: What's Missing?

What about a touch-Display for fast editing like the Helix? The display is a lot better at the III. But you can´t work fast and comfortable without Axe Edit, just like before.

I'd say, 3 Amp blocks with 3 channels each is better than two amp blocks with 4 channels each.
Basically, you can only connect two guitars at once on the Axe FX 2... and that number did not increase, despite of more inputs on the Axe 3. Kinda makes those extra inputs useless, in my opinion... Especially that there are no mic preamps in there... I don't know where I'd use them...
Those seamless channels on blocks is an AWESOME feature, but I don't see myself using more than three.

Seems to be a fantastic product that was given a lot of thought.

If I have understood it right, you can now place the USB interface on the grid to send the signal to a computer for eg. effects which is fantastic news for me, using computer plugins for special effects.

The only thing "missing" that I would like to see, is the ability to do the same for SPDIF, or maybe even AES devices.

To be honest I don't understand why they didn't include the possibility for a wireless iOS/Android-editor. This feature has been requested for ages and often provided by 3rd party developers.

It’s not the same as the II. Please stop spreading assumptions etc.

What's an assumption? 38 ms is something that people say they measured. And I didn't say it was the same, I said it was "almost as annoying" to me. So if someone is spreading something here, it's not me. If there's a ~40ms gap, it's not "seamless", so that's a false advertisement claim. If there's no gap, the measurement was wrong, or the person did something wrong, but again it didn't originate from me.

Semantics... you’re writing loads of messages about it, without having heard it, drawing conclusions, and clouding the main forum thread with it. It’s much too early for this.

So the proper way is to just take every claim at face value, buy the device based on the assumption that it's all true and then find out? Is that what you're suggesting?

The gap is either there or not. So far there's information from someone who measured it using an actual device, and it seems to be there.

And I don't see why this discussion has to be hidden from the main thread? A lot of people count on the feature, and it's advertised as a key one. How is this not worthy of the main thread?

Hey man, if you want to talk yourself into being disappointed, by all means.

But realize:
- the device has not been released yet
- there is no official spec published yet
- the firmware is beta
- you’re hanging onto a single report and audio that wasn’t recorded on the actual device.

always will be some kind of a hiccup when switching between virtual rigs.

Also, my Bogner Ecstasy (both of them) switched slower than demonstrated in Bakerman’s audio clip.

Hey man, if you want to talk yourself into being disappointed, by all means

No, I want to find out what the truth is. And I think people deserve to know what it is before buying the product.

No, there doesn’t have to be a hiccup - there’s no hiccup when I run amps in parallel, so if this hiccup is inevitable with “channels” - i.e. they aren’t loaded into memory all the time - we’d be better off with more amp blocks than this feature.

Also, I bought my XL+ after it was released, and it didn’t help much, as most people on the forum kept claiming the gap was barely noticeable. And the gap size wasn’t, and hardly ever will be, listed in the specs. So apart from talking about it here (or buying the device) there’s no way to find out.

The "complaint phase" is an unfortunate precedent on the forum when new hardware is announced.

It's part and partial of the internet to complain about things that haven't happened yet. :)

It's somewhat compensated by the fact that there are lots of people who prefer to sit in bubbles of denial, always claiming that everything's for the better in this best of worlds, and trying to ignore problems even after they happen, so there's that. Nature tends to balance itself.

I'm jest a little annoyed at these posts that would see the new product, and instantly kick out a thread talking about what they DIDN'T get.

It's the 5 stages of grief and loss. 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance. Some are still in denial, like me, others are already at anger. ;)

You just cannot please everyone because everyone has different wants and needs. And it just sucks if your needs are not addressed. There are probably good reasons for that, but it still sucks.

To be honest I don't understand why they didn't include the possibility for a wireless iOS/Android-editor. This feature has been requested for ages and often provided by 3rd party developers.

Maybe they don't want to put AlGrenadine out of a job?

The ability to connect a PS4 controller and play video games on the display while I'm waiting for my drummer to set up.

Don't forget your playtime when the bassplayer is out to get have a smoke. They have a talent to always pick the worst possible moments for that.

Oh my beloved glowing green screen. I just can't get past the ascetics! I love the sleek, black beauty, ninja'd out with demonic green eyes, this 2U demon formerly known as the XL+. :((((

It's somewhat compensated by the fact that there are lots of people who prefer to sit in bubbles of denial, always claiming that everything's for the better in this best of worlds, and trying to ignore problems even after they happen, so there's that. Nature tends to balance itself.
Sometimes reading the same thing over and over and over again makes me think of an album of Franz Zappa, dang, I can't remember the title...

Back
Top Bottom