Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Do any beta testers know if the damping time has been increased in the Edit Modifier Window? Or if you can adjust the up and down time independently? Also if you attach a controller to a parameter, is that controller, and it's settings, attached to all four channels of the block?
Max damping is 1000 ms
No independent up/down adjustment
Yes

As of right now controllers work essentially the same as in the II. Of course, who knows what the future holds, right?

Hey beta testers...

Are the 5 control knobs on the front panel notched or smooth scrolling?

Also, can you assign them to whatever you want so it's easy to adjust parameters as soon as you load a patch?

So you want firmware updates that doesn’t change your tone? Then what’s the point.
No - Not at all actually - quite the opposite.
Firmware updates which "change the tone" and add any other goodies too, new blocks & mainly bug fixes to all presets created after a firmware update, but doesn't change the tone of anything Ive already created previously.

On G66 waiting list :)

As I’m a huge ipad Pro user I have two questions for Admin=

- Will you release iOS app for update/IR loading and tweaking?
- Will it be recognized as a generic audio interface for iOS with USB to lighting (Apple adaptator)?
(is there wifi/bluetooth?)

Thanks

On the Axe III can I have one row of 1 Amp +1cabs, then another row of amp 2 + cab 2 going outputs 1+2, then set up a Reverb on another row going to outs 3+4 to use as an insert in pro tools?

Basically I'm wanting to know how to set up the Axe III as a stand alone reverb outboard 2-channel(L+R) unit while simultaneously using amps 1 & 2 and cabs 1 & 2.
Can my Axe II do this?

Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to present the Axe-Fx III, our all-new amp modeler and multi-effects processor. Here are a few words from our press release:

"The Axe-Fx III culminates dozens of man-years of development in a truly state-of-the-art product. Equipped with four processors, the Axe-Fx III contains more raw processing power than any hardware effects processor ever made, by far."

You can learn much more about this exciting new product at http://www.fractalaudio.com

View attachment 44199

Whaaaaaaaaat?!? Just saw this....looks amazing!!!! Congrats Cliff and FAS team!!! What awesome news!!!!!

I wouldn't say it's quite that simple. Switching with a pretty dry sound and no pause, ~40 ms can be distracting. The smaller the gap, the easier it is to deal with. I don't think it's difficult to notice improvement down to around 10 ms, or lower (basically 0 ms) if you switch while holding a note/chord.

1. Phrase w/ no gap
2. 38 ms on the beat
3. 38 ms preceding beat
4. 20 ms preceding beat
5. 10 ms preceding beat

There goes the seamless switching story.

Why people claim it’s not audible is beyond me.

This is just sad. :(

I think I'll wait until everyone else gets their axe3's and posts start flying up about any potential issues and learning curves that way I'll be more equipped to handle this beast.

Love my XL+ and MFC101 mk3,but the whole gapless switching has me tempted to jump on that 2year waiting list lol. I know a lot of pros use 2 machines for this reason.

Oh and curious to see if presets from the XL+ will work on the 3??? If not that's a big turn off considering all I use are custom presets

The processing power is impressive and I am sure this will result in even better tones at some point, also the channels feature sounds awesome. The change to a 3U device is something I don't really like, after all for many people this will mean having to go for a new rack as well, and from how I understand it this change came because of the new display, which is something that I honestly don't really care about. I prefer to do my editing on Axe Edit and once I am happy with my patches I don't do much editing on tour, so the new display is not really adding that much for me. The MFC not being supportet with FAS Link is actually a bummer in my opinion. Yes, I know that I could still hook it up using a regular midi cable, but seriously, this is not comparable to using the FAS Link (specially not on tour), and on top of that the Axe FX III doesn't even support phantom power in case people want to use their old MFCs (or any other floorboards) with midi. Anyway, from how I understand it right now it will not sound much different than my 2 XLs, and since I did a couple of world tours with those 2 units and 2 MFCs without any problems and so far I can achieve any sound that I want to achieve, I am not in any hurry to upgrade. I am sure that might change at some point, specially since I am sure that the Axe FX III will be able to do things the XL can't do at some point (yeah, I know, I could use 5 delays per patch with it, but that's nothing I need, one delay is fine for me ;-) ) and there will be sound improvements that older units won't be able to get, but until then I am fine with both of my XLs. Buying 2 new Axe FX III units, 2 new racks and 2 new FC floorboards is not on my agenda right now

Back
Top Bottom