Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

the launch was 8am EST, so the time of the post isn't accurate to the reveal i think. :D so we're at 11 hours right now ;) EVEN MORE RECORD BREAKING RIGHT?!
Me confuzed. I was going off the time stamp of M@'s first post. Either way...
hqdefault.jpg

For those of us Running a MMGT (RJM) ..... just read this on Ron's forum when ask if MMGT will work with AXEIII

"I don't know yet, but hope to find out soon! As you might imagine, support for it is a top priority."

I have no Doubt if anyone can do it... Ron will!

I had a sneaky suspicion since they were bargain basement pricing everything to get a lot of cash, and not releasing any upgrades for a while, that something like this was in the works. That said Kemper and Line 6 realize they just got posterized with this latest offer. Take already the arguably best and more than double processing and I/o's, give it a modern screen, a sexy new foot controller all I can say is WOW!!! Great job Fractal and I was on the list by the end of reading about it!, so now my axefx2 and mfc101 will join my tube amps in the "for sale" pile shortly!

The III can be controlled by any MIDI controller so controlling it with a MMGT should be no problem.

However... the communication protocol between the III and the FC's is proprietary and not MIDI-based. The FC's are sort of "dumb terminals". All the they do is tell the III "button #3 was pressed" and the III responds by saying "light LED ring #3 blue" or "display 'My Preset' on the main LCD". This way all the configuration data is on the III and when you backup you backup the foot controller as well. It also means if a foot controller fails you don't have to reprogram a new one (which is a big deal for touring acts where the gear gets hammered on and last second change-outs are common).

The III can be controlled by any MIDI controller so controlling it with a MMGT should be no problem.

But what about data sent to the controller? Preset names, effect block states via SysEx - are these still there?

It’s not needed for the FC, okay, but needed for MIDI ones.

Will the FC's ship at the same time as the III?
I have no other data except that the FC pictures are artist renditions. That means the FCs don't exist in real life yet, whereas the III is already in the hands of some Beta testers and, according to Cliff, shipping on the 1st of March. I draw my hopefully erroneous conclusions.

I have no other data except that the FC pictures are artist renditions. That means the FCs don't exist in real life yet, whereas the III is already in the hands of some Beta testers and, according to Cliff, shipping on the 1st of March. I draw my hopefully erroneous conclusions.

We actually have FCs but they didn't arrive in time for the photo shoot. Hopefully we'll have real photos up by the end of the week.

You can make up to 4 of them work together as a single unit. That’s 48 switches.

If the price is right, I may just have to get a III and 4 FC-12's.

Do you know if they have a song mode? Can you assign a pedal to go to the next preset in a song? That's how I use my Liquid Foot+. I list all my song presets in order of the song, so all I have to do is step on one pedal throughout the song. I also have a song preset down button, just in case I get too tap happy. I also have all my Scene IA's go back to a default scene. My scene 1 and 2 toggle each other, scene 3 and 4 toggle back to scene 1, scene 5 and 6 toggle each other, scene 7 and 8 toggle back to scene 5.

If the FC-12 can do all that, I'm sold, especially because I like having more horizontal pedals and don't like having more than 2 rows of pedals bc then when I step on a 3rd row I accidentally step on a pedal with my heel.

We actually have FCs but they didn't arrive in time for the photo shoot. Hopefully we'll have real photos up by the end of the week.

Fabulous!!! I'm super curious about this FC12 and the multi-layout concept. The AX8 layout is already brilliant and allows a LOT of control in just a few switches. I can imagine this is going to be even more versatile.

That's why I asked the question above yours. I really like using my FAMC Liquid Foot+ PRO+ and 12+ in expander mode, so I have access to 36 pedals. Hopefully FAMC updates their firmware to include the III.
Same here: I’ve got a LF+ pro and really want to use it with the 3.

Congrats Cliff and company!
Does the III have a built in mic preamp on one of the inputs for vocoder type stuff and for those who want to add effects to a mic-ed talk-box?

Back
Top Bottom