So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

i think he's referring to the global clock syncing with downbeats via midi clock. trouble is, midi clock knows nothing about bars or beats. so it's never been possible and never will. you need to use MTC for that

i think he's referring to the global clock syncing with downbeats via midi clock. trouble is, midi clock knows nothing about bars or beats. so it's never been possible and never will. you need to use MTC for that

I was referring to rhytmic effects, where you tap the right tempo, but the start of the pattern does not match with the music you play along to.
For example sequencer, tremolo and other rhythmic stuff. Other brands like Strymon has rhythmic effects synced to tap tempo and they always match the beat when you tap the tempo.

ah i don't know about that. would be a nice improvement. you can get around this by assigning "run" to the the envelope modifier. then they always line up to what you play

Can't wait for the demos. My main interest is in model improvements and how much they affect the tone, so it will be interesting to actually hear the difference in modelling II to III using identical direct guitar track, by some lucky Fractal-ite. I often hear little to no difference on a FW updates, unless I A/B with two different models and then splice/comp them together so they switch every 3 seconds or so, and even then, sometimes I can't tell the difference. This A/B technique also removes bias because you don't know which is which if you start in a random spot of the playback.

Back
Top Bottom