Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Looks awesome ! as others have said - I didn't see this coming...
I wonder if any of those ABCDE knobs below the screen might possibly adjust Bass Treble Mids etc on the fly ?? that would be awesome...
Regardless - they already have my money ! Goodbye tax refund !

It has so many good stock cabs built in that I hope people will stop releasing/selling 3rd party patches with custom cabs to make it easy to try out and take into use. :)

I enjoy my real tube amp atm. But I guess I try this too someday.. as I tried AxeFX2.
(And I tried helix, it had better UI but sounds were worse than AxeFX 2)
Actually going to Cuba on vacation later this year... I promise to enjoy island and the breeze :) No idea what is Klon thou.

Here is your island, enjoy the breeze, the Helix, and a Klon ;)

250px-Liparic_Islands.jpg

@FractalAudio, @Admin M@, & FAS Team, well done. Looks beautiful and powerful!

Attachments

• 22829666_851058545069093_7412905542110757157_o.jpg
    22829666_851058545069093_7412905542110757157_o.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 38
Ok, it’s killing me.
On the older units we have Quantum firmware.

So we have on the III, HolySh@tballs V1.01?
We gotta know...
:rolleyes:

IMG_2754[1].JPG

There's a hole in my rig that can only be filled by you...............

EDIT: Except that I was wondering if the AxeIII looked like a 3-rack space unit, and then I talked myself out of it....and then Cliff replied to someone's question and confirmed that. So, I'm going back to a 12-spacer......dang!

Last edited:
Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to present the Axe-Fx III, our all-new amp modeler and multi-effects processor. Here are a few words from our press release:

"The Axe-Fx III culminates dozens of man-years of development in a truly state-of-the-art product. Equipped with four processors, the Axe-Fx III contains more raw processing power than any hardware effects processor ever made, by far."

You can learn much more about this exciting new product at http://www.fractalaudio.com

View attachment 44199
So I have a new XL2+ boat anchor

Question for anybody in the know on the new III
Will the firmware updates change your existing presets - Like it does currently with the existing/current models?
This is my biggest issue with the AXE FX2. The hundreds of hours fine tuning the finest detail to get the tone exactly where I want it.. Only for a new firmware to take away all my precious hours of perfecting...
This is the nature of modeling improvements. If the modeling changes how can you expect the sound not to change?

Yes it's a pain, but it's also why FAS treats FW versions as seperate entities. I have 200 plus gigging presets that I tuned to perfection back in pre quantum FW 17. When I gig I just load that up, restore my banks from backupd and gig. Then when I get home, I load up the current FW. Only takes a couple minutes and really is no big deal.

Will it still use axe edit? or a different version on editing software specifically for the III ?
EDIT - found it - duh...
looks amazing...

Last edited:
Congratulations Cliff and the rest of the FAS team. The Axe Fx 3 looks awesome. Soo much work has obviously gone into this and soo many requests have been fulfilled with this model. Super well done.

Two things that seems to have missed out that I would really had loved to see are Bluetooth integration with an iPad editor, and comments in presets. And overall it looks spectacular. The channel concept is brilliant. It looks like and I hope that each channel are stored individually in the Library so I can take my favourite drive setting and load up in channel 3 on my new preset and so on.

Congratulations Cliff and the rest of the FAS team. The Axe Fx 3 looks awesome. Soo much work has obviously gone into this and soo many requests have been fulfilled with this model. Super well done.

Two things that seems to have missed out that I would really had loved to see are Bluetooth integration with an iPad editor, and comments in presets...

First, congrats to Cliff, Matt and the rest of the Fractal team!

Second, and not to steal future thunder, but I'd *guess* that things like Thunderbolt, bluetooth, wi-fi editing, etc. may end up in AxeFX-III "Ultra" and/or "OOber/Goober XL++" versions down the road. It would make sense from a product line sense, especially with their previous models all having slight variations.

First, congrats to Cliff, Matt and the rest of the Fractal team!

Second, and not to steal future thunder, but I'd *guess* that things like Thunderbolt, bluetooth, wi-fi editing, etc. may end up in AxeFX-III "Ultra" and/or "OOber/Goober XL++" versions down the road. It would make sense from a product line sense, especially with their previous models all having slight variations.

Gooberlicious!

Back
Top Bottom