XL+ Becoming Obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODboy

Inspired
What will happen to us XL+ owners?
I surely hope that we won't be left behind the III machine.

Given there is fundamental hardware differences, the xl+ isn’t going to be the most advanced thing on the market

It is however still a great sounding unit, and it’s being used to play stadiums by touring acts as we speak. Just because something new is released does not make the current tech obsolete.

Heck, guys are still rocking the Ultra, so the XL can surely provide plenty of great tones for years to come

I'm more than happy with my Axe FX II MK I - it sounds so great. It beats all my Marshall's, Bogener's and my Soldano SLO 100. Cliff is still looking after us aswell for improofments, but even than when it wil stop to support the MK I its an amazing tool and will enjoy every minute of it. Tahnks Cliff and FAS ;)

Last edited:
I'm more than happy with my Axe FX II MK I - it sounds so great. It beats all my Marshall's, Bogener's and my Soldano SLO 100. Cliff is still looking after us aswell for improofments, but even than when it wil stop to support the MK I its an amazing tool and will enjoy every minute of it. Tahnks Cliff and FAs: ;)

Agreed. Love my Mark I to death, not jealous of the full color screen because green is my favorite color! :D

I'd love to see one final firmware update at least, but if not...we've had a good run.

The Axe III won´t sound better - it will have the same Firmware like our olders. More options - but no better sound - the same MK I and XL +.

but shure - if the software support will stop for the older axe´s, many will buy this Monster - Axe - maybe I´m also........belongs how heavy to carry this will be.

I sure hope they continue firmware updates on the XL+. The III looks so cool but man i don't even use a third of the capabilities of the XL+

The Axe III won´t sound better - it will have the same Firmware like our olders. More options - but no better sound - the same MK I and XL +.

but shure - if the software support will stop for the older axe´s, many will buy this Monster - Axe - maybe I´m also........belongs how heavy to carry this will be.

It actually does sound a little better. The extra DSP horsepower means that we didn't have to make compromises in some of the algorithms. The amp modeling algorithm is very similar but there's a few places on the II where we had to make compromises to get the algorithm to run within the allotted time.

Also the III has a higher internal oversampling rate and a higher bit depth on some calculations (64-bit vs. 40-bit).

I really have only one concern. Are presets created on the II compatible with the III?
It actually does sound a little better. The extra DSP horsepower means that we didn't have to make compromises in some of the algorithms. The amp modeling algorithm is very similar but there's a few places on the II where we had to make compromises to get the algorithm to run within the allotted time.

Also the III has a higher internal oversampling rate and a higher bit depth on some calculations (64-bit vs. 40-bit).
Nice. is the Digital output still confined to 48K?

Layin' it on the table...

Yes, if I had the money, I'd upgrade to an AxeIII in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd love to buy 2 or 3.

Reality...

I'm actually pretty happy with the AxeII, as is. It does what I need it to do, it sounds like I want it to sound, and it has NEARLY everything I'd need for the foreseeable future (I prefer real fuzz boxes, not really an Axe-FX issue, just a preference, and the AxeIII won't change that.)

And the coolest part? It still works, and sounds exactly like it did yesterday when I didn't even know the AxeIII even existed.

I'm pretty sure Fractal will take care of the Axe-II Legacy users. Just as it has done in the past with the original, and Ultra. As to what that entails, concerning the Axe-II? I don't know, but I'd assume, at the least, there will be updates to finish off any missed bugs that inevitably show up now and then in software based systems. Plus Cliff has been known to have Legacy related epiphanies.

We will see.

I'm pretty sure Fractal will take care of the Axe-II Legacy users. Just as it has done in the past with the original, and Ultra. As to what that entails, concerning the Axe-II? I don't know, but I'd assume, at the least, there will be updates to finish off any missed bugs that inevitably show up now and then in software based systems. Plus Cliff has been known to have Legacy related epiphanies.

We will see.

This is interesting. Are you referring to epiphanies with the standard/ultra or when cliff was able to keep updating the II along with the XL? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom