700+ Naked Amps TonePack by AustinBuddy Available NOW!

SOUNDS GREAT! WELL DONE!

One of my driving ideas in making the Tonepack was to have record-ready guitar tones at the guitarists' disposal.

Makes it easier for the engineer, producer, and everyone to find inspiring sounds!

I too am a BIG fan of ToonTrack EZ Drummer/Superior Drummer -- great stuff. Thank you for sharing this with us!

The tucana is terrible for clean sounds

and the cornford ideal for solos !!

impossible to sleep o_O

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, but is there anything specific that one would need to do to make these presets fit into a live mix? Or does the pack include live presets as well?

They can be used live too. They were dialed in at 92 db+ loudness.

Some of the modern amps have crushing bass, by amp design.

The main thing you might need to adjust, which wholly depends on the system you are playing them through, is using either the Cab block advance parameter of Low cut (set it between 100hz and 150hz to taste) and the Hi cut, cutting all highs above between 6.5 to 8 or 9khz.

Another way to do this is use the Global 10 band EQ as well at the Output1 level, to cut the lows below 100hz and highs above 9k. This helps guitar sit better in band mix, similar to what a good Front of House mixer is goIng to do anyway.

For a person like me that grew up playing through cheap amps and inferior modellers, it took me a while to get my head around the scope of these presets. At first I was changing them to the sound that I was used to playing and getting frustrated when I ended up with the same stuff I usually dial in. I t was a Leon Todd video, reviewing some of his favourites, that changed my interpretation of how to approach these amps. I rolled back my firmware to 8.03, reloaded Austinbuddy's presets and slowly went through a few random amps. This time I really listened to the dynamics and character of each individual amp and how my guitar reacted to it with different volume and tone settings. My god. Its a whole new world. Now I feel like I truly have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of amps at my disposal and I can't wait to learn what each of them does.

Thank you so much for taking the time to bring that world into my bedroom.

This time I really listened to the dynamics and character of each individual amp and how my guitar reacted to it with different volume and tone settings. My god. Its a whole new world. Now I feel like I truly have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of amps at my disposal and I can't wait to learn what each of them does.

Thank you -- THIS is what it is all about (above). I have the very good fortune of actually playing most of the real deal vintage amps that are models, thanks to Austin Vintage Guitars, and so I know how they feel, react, and should sound...and that's what I went for. Did not stop dialing in until the sound itself was inspiring for to me to play, hoping it would be for buyers too!

The Fractal is amazing and has saved me tens of thousands of dollars in wasted GearAcquisition Syndrome. Literally, you are buying 259 different amps for $2K or less -- think about it. Amazing.

I call it "the Democratization of Great Tone!' Thank you Cliff Chase, for the gift that never stops giving!

Yes I agree with Leon - killer player by the way - and those are very nice balanced vintage tones. Just happend a few hours ago that I've tried some new Ernie Ball Cobalt srings on a single coil strat and did a little recording snippet with the Twin Reverb. Lovely tone for blues. For the the first lead I used the "X" amp and cab settings and for the second the "Y" amp and cab settings. Nothing tweaked only added some delay and reverb.

Thanks Buddy they do sound great. Motor Time Const on 100 and SPKR Comp on zero "0".

Yes I agree with Leon - killer player by the way - and those are very nice balanced vintage tones. Just happend a few hours ago that I've tried some new Ernie Ball Cobalt srings on a single coil strat and did a little recording snippet with the Twin Reverb. Lovely tone for blues. For the the first lead I used the "X" amp and cab settings and for the second the "Y" amp and cab settings. Nothing tweaked only added some delay and reverb.

Thanks Buddy they do sound great. Motor Time Const on 100 and SPKR Comp on zero "0".

Very nice Tony! Happy New Year!

Just dialled the Twin Reverb in on my XL+ and it sounds absolutely stunning. I only had to drop the high cut to about 10K in the cab block and turn the treble down to 5.5db on mine. Nothing else - I use Yamaha DXR10s with a DXS Sub in my room so only a slight adjustment needed to get it to my liking.

These presets are unbelievably good value.... I gigged them on New Years Eve too, almost out of the box with a few very minor tweaks and thats it.

A reply from “Buddy” from another forum. See his lengthy response elsewhere:
9.03 is still beta release. I never even fool with it until it's public and final (even though I'm a beta tester on other things...).

I'm personally still an 8.02 fan but 9.02 is fine, just go easy on the added new SPKR COMP parameter (if at all).

And -- with 259 amps -- I don't have a place to shoehorn any newly added amps into the banks for the Tonepack now without starting a brand new bank file, which would make the TonePack 5 banks in an Axe-Fx!

9.03 is still beta release.

That's the second time I've seen that assertion, but is it correct? Usually beta firmware is clearly labeled as such in the thread title. The 9.03 thread reads 'Axe-FX II "Quantum" Rev 9.03 Firmware Release'

Looks final to me....?

A reply from “Buddy” from another forum. See his lengthy response elsewhere:
9.03 is still beta release. I never even fool with it until it's public and final (even though I'm a beta tester on other things...).

I'm personally still an 8.02 fan but 9.02 is fine, just go easy on the added new SPKR COMP parameter (if at all).

And -- with 259 amps -- I don't have a place to shoehorn any newly added amps into the banks for the Tonepack now without starting a brand new bank file, which would make the TonePack 5 banks in an Axe-Fx!

Near that time I wrote that, it was beta released -- but correct, it is a public release now.

But I always will wait a little bit and see if another one comes fast. With Cliff being so prolific, that's just prudent!

We had 8.02 then 9.0 (problems) then then 9.02 then now 9.03 pretty fast. Really, 9.02 and 8.02 are the same except for the added SPKR COMP. Note the Fractal factory presets are still 8.02.

It pays to wait and see. Besides, I really do think 8.02 and 9.02 are the best firmwares I've heard, personally (I still keep a unit on 8.02 and love it best),

To get 9.03 towards how I like 9.02, you have to use the SPKR COMP and maybe adjust a few other things, like LEVL. Hope that helps!

I have been testing comparing 8.02 to 9.04, same presets between two firmwares using my XL and AX8... will try to post a video with a few comparison examples by next weekend.

In general, my impressions so far are that presets originally created for 8.02 (and then made compatible with 9.02) are darker sounding on the new 9.04, meaning, without as much high-end detail - it's a notable absence compared to 8.02. They are also more compressed sounding. Not sure if there are simple solutions to getting them to sound like 9.02 or 8.02 (thoughts out there?)

Personally, I still think 8.02 is the bomb — fantastic high-end definition. It may be that under 9.04, that high-end can re-dialed back in, but for me not so easily so far... you probably will need to turn up treble for most amps by at least “+1” number setting to get back towards the 8.02 tone originally dialed in... but am glad a few of you have posted that you like the presets with 9.04...they will be a little darker and more rounded and compressed basically.

I'll probably wait to a firmware 10 before I do a complete overall of the TonePack, especially if the overall tones shift again in future releases from the original 8.02 tonal design -- it's 700 tones and 3 Fractal units, so it takes months to do it right (took me six months to put it all together, and I didn't have a full-time job competing for time then either!)

I'll probably wait to a firmware 10 before I do a complete overall of the TonePack, especially if the overall tones shift again in future releases from the original 8.02 tonal design -- it's 700 tones and 3 Fractal units, so it takes months to do it right (took me six months to put it all together, and I didn't have a full-time job competing for time then either!)

I certainly hope not, given today's headline news! :eek:;)

When will these be available for the III? :D

(Sorry, couldn't help myself...)

That would be my plan. Little different format, since the new cool 8 scene named labels and 4 channels per amp thing means I could really do things like 4 to 8 different per-amp tones packed in a single preset, and not have to split off cleans for example. Probably be 2 banks now for all of it.

That would be my plan. Little different format, since the new cool 8 scene named labels and 4 channels per amp thing means I could really do things like 4 to 8 different per-amp tones packed in a single preset, and not have to split off cleans for example. Probably be 2 banks now for all of it.
Jeez , does every one of my Fractal buddies have one of these already.........?

@Ragdoll (Leon Todd!) did another great video review of the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, this time focusing on some Class-A style Matchless types of amps.

Love how great players like Leon get inspired when they play these tones! Thanks mate for taking time to produce this and share with all of us!

Awesome news. Your pack for the AX8 was a revelation for me. Can’t wait to get a III and load your pack again. In other words “shit up and take my money.”

Back
Top Bottom