AX8 Firmware 9.04 Released

It would be great if once the long ignored midi related wishes of many users would be respected. By that, the usability of the AX8 with its doubtless super sound could be improved in a much greater extend than with another update on the small details of the sound programming, which for sure is also valuable.

I just updated from 9.02. Sounds nice, although I think it's at the point where improvements are very subtle, cos it's already so good, but I would like to ask 'that' question, and offer a suggestion.
As a Fractal user for several years, I still never know what exactly to do in order to apply the updates to my current patches. This time I did the select a different amp, re-select the amp which seemed to make a difference as the levels changed a bit when reselecting the amp.

Is there a reason why there can't be an appendix to the release notes which list the various different ways of making the updates apply to the users current patches such as select - re-select, do a block reset etc., and then for each new release, put a note telling us which method is recommended to update current patches.

If nothing else it would stop the same thing being asked again and again.

But anyway, thanks very much for the updates!

Seems like the update added some bottom end to my Jumped Plexi 50. It made a bit muddy but a few EQ tweaks seem to take care of it.

It varies with brand of tube. The mean is around 7.5. Lower settings are smoother, higher settings are more aggressive.

This is what Cliff said about the CF adjustment on the Axe II thread. Same applies to AX8.
Default value is NOW 7.5, adjust to taste.

Question, I play often and have not updated firmware since 8.02. If I update, will it update everything up through 9.04 or do I have to find each update and install them separately? I still am playing out all the time but I just need to update and go with the flow. Thank You for your answer to my question.

Question, I play often and have not updated firmware since 8.02. If I update, will it update everything up through 9.04 or do I have to find each update and install them separately? I still am playing out all the time but I just need to update and go with the flow. Thank You for your answer to my question.
Just grab FracBot and the 9.04. That's all. :)

Back
Top Bottom