AX8 Firmware 9.04 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8 firmware v9.04 is now available for immediate download! As always, we recommend that you backup your AX8 using Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the upgrade.

AX8 v9.04

Release Notes:

AX8 v9.04 is based on Quantum 9.04 for the Axe-Fx II. The following features and fixes are included.
  • Improved speaker compression modeling and interaction with power amp. This results in a more dynamic response.
  • Changed default cathode follower hardness (CF Hardness) to 0.75 to align better with measured values.

I don't run very complex patches but I've never run into a fault code or a parameter not functioning properly....or if it was I couldn't tell the difference.

Great! Quick noob question: if I update firmware will the updates also update my user presets (I.e. will improved speaker compression and power amp apply to amp and cab blocks in my presets)? I believe the answer is yes but want to be sure.

AX8 firmware v9.04 is now available for immediate download! As always, we recommend that you backup your AX8 using Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the upgrade.

AX8 v9.04

Release Notes:

AX8 v9.04 is based on Quantum 9.04 for the Axe-Fx II. The following features and fixes are included.
  • Improved speaker compression modeling and interaction with power amp. This results in a more dynamic response.
  • Changed default cathode follower hardness (CF Hardness) to 0.75 to align better with measured values.
Thanks FAS - great News ...

Great :)

Great! Quick noob question: if I update firmware will the updates also update my user presets (I.e. will improved speaker compression and power amp apply to amp and cab blocks in my presets)? I believe the answer is yes but want to be sure.
Yes, the sound of all presets will change / be updated. How much or for better or worse is impossible to say (it's most often for the better)

Am I crazy for thinking that the patches that I used last night at a rehearsal now sound different after updating?

I want to do a rollback and check. I did a backup when I updated. Do I just load the backup or is rolling back firmware a different process?

Am I crazy for thinking that the patches that I used last night at a rehearsal now sound different after updating?

I want to do a rollback and check. I did a backup when I updated. Do I just load the backup or is rolling back firmware a different process?

As algorithms/values have changed (see the release notes), it is no surprise if it sounds different.

For rolling back the firmware just load the latest firmware you used and then load your backup.

As algorithms/values have changed (see the release notes), it is no surprise if it sounds different.

For rolling back the firmware just load the latest firmware you used and then load your backup.

Where would I find 9.03? (That's what my AX8 came with, yeah I'm new)
I can't seem to find an online archive of old firmware versions.

Back
Top Bottom