Axe-Fx STILL at Heavy Discount. How Does this Not Indicate New Axe 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with favoring domestic labor

Actually, that’s not quite true, even though it seems intuitively correct. There are a lot of things wrong with favoring domestic labor by default. There are quite a few countries that tried, up to building autarkic economies. Didn’t bring them prosperity or happiness really. What this always does is lower living standards for the majority of the population.

Spending more on the same product isn’t just psychologically uncomfortable, it is also economically detrimental because of a nasty thing called opportunity cost.

The fact that there has been no denial of any of this speculative ranting on this thread from Cliff or Matt, and that we know there is at least one finished product waiting for release (LB-2?), leads me to believe that perhaps this may be the year that FAS times a big announcement around NAMM, something they have not done in the past, AFAIK.

This made me cackle a little.

FAS has not commented upon future products until they're damn well ready to. Whether it's 'competitors cannot counter the move', or standard industry secrecy, they won't move until their ready. But I see people watching this thread (and parsing comments out of others), in order to 'read the tea leaves' on the future. I still expect many other threads where there will subtly, and not so subtly post asking 'when?'

Most of this is just thrashing around hoping to be the thread that 'breaks the news'.

And from a FAS standpoint...eyeballs are good if you leave the question out there.

Lastly, it is ironic to me that most here use 12% of the Axe in all it's capabilities (whether it's only 10ish amps, or very few of the 'deep' features,) yet claim thirst for another unit that's 'better'. I will submit that NOTHING that FAS comes out with in the future will be light years ahead of what we have. I still stare at the box some days and revel in how wonderful my tone is.

This made me cackle a little.

Yeah I had the same reaction, too.

"But they didn't say they weren't doing the thing I want them to do!"

reece.jpg

Honestly these posts are better than the "I'm not saying it was aliens.... but it's aliens" guy.

61.png

Lastly, it is ironic to me that most here use 12% of the Axe in all it's capabilities (whether it's only 10ish amps, or very few of the 'deep' features,) yet claim thirst for another unit that's 'better'.

I don't use 12% of Windows capabilities. Or Excel capabilities. Does it mean it should never be updated? Or does it even mean that the next update won't bring THE feature I still miss? Or that out of the 12% of the features I use there aren't a few that are severely limited currently and would benefit from an update? Not at all.

In addition to that, I may use 12% and you may use 12% and the other guy may use 12%, but these aren't necessarily the same features, or at least they don't necessarily overlap fully.

See, your argument is simply invalid. It simply doesn't matter how many features one uses and how deeply, one still may greatly benefit from an upgrade.

Also, if you carefully check the wishlist forum you'll see quite a few wishes that simply cannot be implemented in current hardware.

So there you go.

Whatever they do I hope they change the color of the shirts, black is so 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000ish. Why is every company that is involved with musical equipment dressed in black? Gibson, Marshall, Peavey, Fender, etc., etc. everyone is in black, why so depressed?

Whatever they do I hope they change the color of the shirts, black is so 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000ish. Why is every company that is involved with musical equipment dressed in black? Gibson, Marshall, Peavey, Fender, etc., etc. everyone is in black, why so depressed?

Out of shape musos find them to have a slimming effect.

This is nothing new. Buyers have always voted with their wallets. Given the choice between two items of similar quality and features, they buy the last expensive one, regardless of other principles. Many will say otherwise, but they go with the best price, almost without exception.

Globalization has opened borders that allows for cheap imports that was not possible to the same extent in the past. We should also probably keep in mind that globalization means everybody now competes with everybody. And not just manufacturing jobs, as was always derisively said by 'educated' people. Now even they are now facing competition from lower wage countries, for they have universities too. And I can't compete with a guy in India, my cost of living is more expensive then his.

Actually, that’s not quite true, even though it seems intuitively correct. There are a lot of things wrong with favoring domestic labor by default. There are quite a few countries that tried, up to building autarkic economies. Didn’t bring them prosperity or happiness really. What this always does is lower living standards for the majority of the population.

Spending more on the same product isn’t just psychologically uncomfortable, it is also economically detrimental because of a nasty thing called opportunity cost.

Maybe there is a compromise that works to be found in the middle, but unfettered free trade is as detrimental to an economy as completely walling it off. By now every Western country has whole areas full of the losers of globalization. The Rust Belt in the US, the estates in European cities full of permanently unemployed where most people don't dare to go anymore. There are no job securities any more and it is affecting people's lives. From increased stress to no longer being able to afford things that we took for granted only decades ago. I find it pretty telling that food banks for the poor and cheap stores are both on the rise. Cheap stuff is a boon to the consumer, but its wreaking havoc on our work lives.

Thanks for the helpful info. Will you be releasing a new Axe FX model within the next month?

I can answer that with 100% certainty and I'm not affiliated with Fractal other than a customer. Nope, not, nada and in case that wasn't clear, no. :) \m/

Because this isn't Apple or the Wiggles (sorry, couldn't resist). :)

s-l300.jpg

dbee8964107926a3513ed01e35e909cc--the-wiggles-wiggles-birthday.jpg

I can't compete with a guy in India, my cost of living is more expensive then his.

Of course you can, and do. Are Indian bands taking over media industry? Indian films maybe? They have a huge media industry in India, by the way, and kind of speak English, yet don't have the skill to take over the world, exactly. Or maybe Indian cars are taking over? Airplanes? Even in software development, where India is talked about a lot, it's not really leaving Silicon Valley offices empty. There are lots of reasons for this. As long as you have the skills, you shouldn't worry about India too much.

China will beat the US or almost any other country in terms of mass manufacturing skills hands down. Not just cost.

unfettered free trade is as detrimental to an economy

Unfettered free trade is a cheap journalist cliché. It doesn't exist. And couldn't possibly exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom