Axe-Fx STILL at Heavy Discount. How Does this Not Indicate New Axe 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be kind of neat to see what Cliff could do in the tube world considering his knowledge. Maybe even a tube and modeling amp kinda like the Line 6/Bogner ones etc.

Well I'm not hear to speak for most people and surely not here to get in a heated discussion but I would say most people don't use a fraction of what the Axe FX is capable of doing so when I say most people that's who I am referring to. If that doesn't fit you then that's cool!

I would say most people don't use a fraction of what the Axe FX is capable of doing

But fractions are different for different people, you see.

And I'd venture to guess that a lot of people switch amps.

And it's a fact that switching amps produces a big gap in Axe FX, unless they are in parallel, and you switch them by bypassing one or the other.

I not puting limits on anyone and of course people use it differently so don't misunderstand what Im saying. These units are pretty deep and there are many parameters that people don't really use including myself. There is loads of experimentation you can do with them and thats a good thing but it sounds pretty amazing out of the box with a little tweaks here and there. Most users want to play whatever they use and have it fulfill their particular needs and the other things they don't bother with. But there's plenty of room to dig deep also so it depends on the player. Switching amps is something Im sure every one does so I would call that a pretty basic thing so Im not sure where you're going there.

I just ordered my Axe FX II XL+ the other day and it won't show up until next week.I paid $1799 direct from Fractal.How much did it cost in the past?

Switching amps is something Im sure every one does so I would call that a pretty basic thing so Im not sure where you're going there.

If that’s something that everyone does, that’s something where everybody gets a big pause while switching. This pause cannot be removed without more powerful hardware. Therefore every single user would benefit from a hardware upgrade.

How much they would pay for it is another matter, of course.

Some $2500 or so. Not sure if enyone actually paid that price. I got it cheaper. Not $1700 cheap though.
Still though the tone's I heard online 2500 clams ain't bad.I hope it performs like I have seen/heard online and is reliable.Early this year I bought an ISP Michael Sweet Theta Pro and that thing just kills it.Incredible unit but it is not a modeler and I want more easy to reach tones for my studio client's and myself so the AXE seems to meet my needs.The Kemper......not interested at all.

The new one is actually going to be called the Axe-Fx XXL.

And the law says you cannot touch.
One thing about me I am not into the latest and greatest........I want a recording tool that sound's amazing,get's frequent free updates and is bulletproof hardware.I have in my studio right now over $40k of Avid/Digidesign hardware that are nothing but doorstops right now.Avid stopped supporting my PTHD software,hardware including all of my Digi interfaces,my Control 24 console,etc.Was a loyal 15 year customer and got a school bus shoved up my ass by them for my loyalty.Will never happen again and Studio One 3 blows Pro Tools out of the water anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom