Fractal noob here. Wondering about Ax8 vs AXEFXII for live use.

ModeDepeche

Hey guys,

Let's say I want to play live along clicktracks which are programmed through my laptop, does this mean I'd have to plug my Ax8 through a midi interface then into the computer if I want my patches to switch automatically? I wouldn't really use it as a pedalboard. I'd set it behind the band, near the computer, kinda like an AXEFXII.

Of course, the reason for this is the price of the unit.

If i'm correct, the AXEFXII doesn't require a midi interface?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Let's say I want to play live along clicktracks which are programmed through my laptop, does this mean I'd have to plug my Ax8 through a midi interface then into the computer if I want my patches to switch automatically? I wouldn't really use it as a pedalboard. I'd set it behind the band, near the computer, kinda like an AXEFXII.

Thanks!
If you want a midi program to change things on either unit, you need a midi interface. How else would the changes occur?

If you want a midi program to change things on either unit, you need a midi interface. How else would the changes occur?
Thanks for the response.

I'm a total noob when it comes to rigs/gear etc. I thought the AXEFXII somehow had this feature built-in.

Thanks for the response.

I'm a total noob when it comes to rigs/gear etc. I thought the AXEFXII somehow had this feature built-in.
Doing what you are talking about involves a DAW or some other midi-capable software to send program changes. Since that is done with midi, an interface is required...

Now that being said, the Axe Fx USB driver includes a midi interface so probably can be used for what you want. But it's still an interface :)

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I recently tried this tutorial with my AX8 with just the USB connection and it worked perfectly...

Back
Top Bottom