Axe-Fx STILL at Heavy Discount. How Does this Not Indicate New Axe 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxo

Inspired
As one of the early diehard Axe advocates, used to spend my life in here and in other forums '09-'12 preaching on the Axe. Then life kicked my &%$# and I have been totally MIA since '12. Now I want back in... and BAD!!!!!!

So have you all see anything like this sale on the Axe-Fx II XL+ for $1799 (and the B-Stock for $1699?) Is a deep discount for such an ongoing amount of time common at Fractal recently? I though not. To me it looks as if Fractal is "blowing these out" in retail-speak.

NAMM is in two weeks. Coincidence? Axe III?

It could very well be.. But considering that great price will make you able to re-sell it at around the same price you purchased it (even if a new version comes out), why bother and wait months or years?

Last edited:
fractal may have simply been able to meet better price points on production, which allows them to lower prices and likely sell more units

Ax8 production is now in China, to the same quality standards, but likely at a better price.

I wouldn’t read into pricing based upon traditional selling practices because fractal has never operated in that manner.

They aren’t sold by distributors or chain stores, they do very little advertising, don’t have paid endorsers, etc.

In other words, what the likes of Dunlap or MXR do, and what a company like Fractal does are totally different

But hey, sooner or later a ver3 will come out, so feel free to wait with cash in hand, but understand you might be waiting for quite some time. I’d rather have and enjoy something today.

Also I don’t think fractal ever has taken part in NAMM. Even Gibson is skipping it this year

Just doesn’t really relate to how people learn about new products these days and isn’t too cost effective

Ofcourse the axe fx 3 is coming. Wont be long now.

p.s. there was some people actually saying there will be no other axe fx units, hehe, they actually believed it deeply, i know, its true, there were some who said that. facepalm!!

As if the tigersharc DSP was the only DSP on earth. lol wink wink

It should come out already! $4999.99 list...One year waitlist....
Just change the screen color to blue and slap a "III" on it....

there wont be a wait list like before, as they have moved into the new big warehouse. But the green screen has to go, thats for sure!

As one of the early diehard Axe advocates, used to spend my life in here and in other forums '09-'12 preaching on the Axe. Then life kicked my &%$# and I have been totally MIA since '12. Now I want back in... and BAD!!!!!!

So have you all see anything like this sale on the Axe-Fx II XL+ for $1799 (and the B-Stock for $1699?) Is a deep discount for such an ongoing amount of time common at Fractal recently? I though not. To me it looks as if Fractal is "blowing these out" in retail-speak.

i agree w/ you! they are blowing out old stock gearing up for a new version. a major upgrade on horizon. its been a long time and the Axe updates have been few and far between indicating to me attention is going to the new product and i do look forward to it!

As has been said before, Fractal doesn't do NAMM.

Resetting prices may be entirely appropriate for a whole variety of reasons including desire to reach a certain sales target, cost efficiencies in manufacturing, pricing against competitors including the Helix and Kemper, and others.

There was a post that hinted at something big this year, but my gut tells me its not an Axe III. When I think about what I'd change about the Axe II, I can't come up with much. High resolution color screen? Not sure it would make a huge difference given the 2U rack form factor. Better on-device controls? I think that unlike the AX8, the Axe-FX controls are outstanding. More processing power? ....have we been runnig into any limits? I haven't seen any complaints.

Fractal's main competition is from the admittedly very nice interface of the Helix. The floor Helix....haven't seen much buzz for the rack one.

What am I missing? Maybe a flagship floor unit?

Remember even if something is announced that doesn’t mean you will be playing it anytime soon.

When did we first hear about the reactive load box? Like a year ago, but assuming I wanted one, can I get one yet ? Nope

So even if there is an Axe3 annnounced next month I stil might not be playing it for another year, not to mention where the price point comes in etc

I for one will happily enjoy what I’ve got right now, including the ax8 I just bought at a great price, and if maybe there is an axe3 in stock next December, and I’ve got the money for it, I’ll buy one and sell my older gear.

You guys realize there is a whole industry of advancing technology fractal has to compete with right?

While we all think line 6 or Kemper or bias isn't as good, there are many that think they are just as good if not bettet and are going with them over fractal 1st and foremost due to price alone.

Sometimes a lower price is just that and nothing more, but hey ya never know.

You can’t prove a negative. Just saying. Until there’s evidence that points to it coming out, it’s not coming out.

Kemper lowered the retail price for the non powered Kemper to $1799 over a year ago, plus the Helix floor has been out since 2015 at $1499, & last year the Helix LT at $999.

Regardless of what you think of any of these units, It's a more much competitive higher end digital world than it was a few years ago....

Kemper lowered the retail price for the non powered Kemper to $1799 over a year ago, plus the Helix floor has been out since 2015 at $1499, & last year the Helix LT at $999.

Regardless of what you think of any of these units, It's a more much competitive higher end digital world than it was a few years ago....

Absolutely, with units priced below those that are pretty great like the Amplifirebox or Yamaha THR100HD. Lots of competition which is great for us, the consumers. If Fractal wants to put out another high end box priced like the Axe-Fx 2 XL+ was they really need to deliver something much better than the competition. The sales and price cuts make the Axe-Fx 2 more enticing but I'm not sure if I'd pick it over the Helix at about 1500€ vs 2500€ for the Axe-Fx 2. The only area where I feel the Axe-Fx 2 is truly ahead of the competition is the freedom of routing and the amount of features. My Axe-Fx 2 MK I has certainly paid for itself several times over the years but back when I bought it, it was really the only game in town and that is no longer the case.

The magic of the Axe FX is in the software, the hardware is important for sure, but the real mojo is in Cliff's algorithms.

I don't see how updating the already astonishingly good hardware platform would help. But you never know.

Well, I certainly do see how more powerful hardware would improve Axe FX. For starters, you could have gapless switching between amps using more than two amp blocks, not be forced to decrease reverb quality, have a full fledged parallel effects chain for vocals, for example, have more robust/complex MIDI support, maybe implement some cool PC/Axe interaction, have a control plugin. Tons of things really.

The Axe FX II does pretty much all we could want it to do right now. Is there future things on the horizon...yes of course but I think it's not out of a need and more like a want and since most of those are covered in the frequent updates that Fractal does it fulfills those for 99.9% of the users out there so I wouldn't expect a new model anytime soon. I would expect at some point an AX8 model that boost the processing power and maybe includes tonematch and dual amp usage. That would monumental!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom