Legacy Presets Moke's Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 (Bank A) - Updated for Q10.01

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
I figured that I would start a separate thread for each of these 'Packs' to make it easier to have a better discussion?

Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 is now updated for Q9.03. Q9.04

Started with the new default 'Speaker Comp' setting of 3, but the compression levels were all over the place. So I dialed them all in individually.

Set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter so that there is about -3 dB of compression. Adjusted for any loss of high-end. Then re-dialed the levels of the presets and the four scenes for all 128 presets.

About 10 minutes each, six presets an hour, a little over 20 hours.....

Free for anyone that has already purchased the pack. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped file has '9.03' '9.04' in the name.

Currently, the only "Factory" presets available that are fully compatible with Q9.03 Q9.04...;)

Edit..........'Watch' this thread to keep up on any new announcements.

Last edited:
these sound great , but a good number of them, on my XL+, need to have the REVERB QUALITY to be adjusted down from HIGH, due to CPU crapout.
Strange? No issues on my Mark 1? Are you connected to Axe-Edit and using USB audio at the same time?

Strange? No issues on my Mark 1? Are you connected to Axe-Edit and using USB audio at the same time?
Yeah, I was about to delete my complaint, it appears I might have been overtaxing my USB stuff on my aging, buggy Mac Pro

Yeah, I was about to delete my complaint, it appears I might have been overtaxing my USB stuff on my aging, buggy Mac Pro
There are some presets that have a pretty high CPU% because of the multiple scene controller attachments. In those cases, lowering the 'Reverb' quality and re-saving the preset should help.

If there are any that are not helped by this, I will look at reducing their CPU% load and add the edited versions to the pack.

Cleaning cache but still no go on Samsung's own browser. But I used chrome mobile and I've now ordered pack 1.
I saw this video:
After seeing this I was thinking, damn those factory presets can sound really good and aggressive, so I thought your presets which should be further enhanced would be a great way to start exploring them again.

Just finished updating the Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 for firmware Q9.04. Set the 'Preamp CF Hardness' to the new default of '7.50' in all Amp blocks. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes, and a few other small changes.

As usual, free for those that have already purchased it.

Just finished updating the Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 for firmware Q9.04. Set the 'Preamp CF Hardness' to the new default of '7.50' in all Amp blocks. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes, and a few other small changes.

As usual, free for those that have already purchased it.

Thanks Moke, I can only imagine the tedious work involved to create this update. Your patience is very much appreciated by myself who has no patience whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom