My entry for #DreamRigSoloContest - [Horizen Devices]

Hey Amin, I might have provided similar feedback to you before... While your technique is great, I think there's a marked absence of flow in what you're playing here. To me it just sounds like hopping from one trick to the next. It's like watching a magic show versus being immersed in a magic world. While Petrucci's solos are also heavily focused on technique, I think one of the biggest reasons he's made such an indelible mark on progressive guitar playing is because his solos flow. (Sadly, I think as time goes on, his flow has worsened. I still think his tone and player were better in the earlier years. I digress...)

My recommendation would be to immediately STOP working on technique (your technique is already good enough!!!) and STOP composing solos (this is a crutch). Instead, allocate that time to practicing improvising and phrasing. Just my two cents...

Hey Amin, I might have provided similar feedback to you before... While your technique is great, I think there's a marked absence of flow in what you're playing here. To me it just sounds like hopping from one trick to the next. It's like watching a magic show versus being immersed in a magic world. While Petrucci's solos are also heavily focused on technique, I think one of the biggest reasons he's made such an indelible mark on progressive guitar playing is because his solos flow. (Sadly, I think as time goes on, his flow has worsened. I still think his tone and player were better in the earlier years. I digress...)

My recommendation would be to immediately STOP working on technique (your technique is already good enough!!!) and STOP composing solos (this is a crutch). Instead, allocate that time to practicing improvising and phrasing. Just my two cents...

I always work so very much hard in music, and I believe a musician not only must be good in technique, phrasing, but full range of musical aspects, such as dramatic, dark, emotional, fast ...etc, I'd like to refer you to watch all my videos in my YT channel and Instagram pages!, and all in all music is something so subjective!

Back
Top Bottom