Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Found it as well as the license code. Still have the problem, but seems to be related to Fracpad 1.14 When I push on esc (right down button on phone) it will startip and get to another error 'error loading preset" EV4561. Touch anything and it will continue. Quit and restart the phone...rereinstalled...all the same...except I noted the EV number changes every time BTW. Once I hit ESC to all Fracpad will work normally I'd say. Have a 56pages .txt file the download file I see.

Something tries to open a file with FracPad, there's nothing i can do about it, it's related to your system...
Uninstall totally fracpad and reinstall

I did already. (enter de code at each time). Any idea how to find the SW actionning Fracpad ? Howbeit, afterwards it works. But with the version I downloaded 2 weeks ago this didn't happen.
Maybe it's installed 2 times ??

@AlGrenadine - love FracPad! Awesome.

I'm fighting it a bit however when working with the setlist/songbook functionality. Just giving feedback here in the hopes the experience can be improved as I'm liking it (full version user). I apologize if these have been reported, just trying to get my thoughts down.

- Dragging songs around it a bit of an adventure as it can end up making many re-order themselves.
- Sometimes it's impossible to select the drag control to move songs around and you have to add the song a few times until it will allow you to drag it.
- Sometimes when coming back into the set, some song titles have been renamed to "New Song x" and have to be re-edited.
- Would be nice to have a separate font size setting for the set list - right now it's tied to Grid Block size I believe.
- Having larger column size for the Song column when editing the set would be great to fit the entire text in place
- A confirmation on the song delete would be nice as it's easy to tap the wrong area
- Confirmation on the Set delete would be great as you can wipe a set out too easily by mistake

Thanks!

I bought the FracPad app from the Apple store and it froze my my iPad Pro which I just bought less than 8 weeks ago, I tried to power my iPad down but that didn't work and I couldn't get to settings to reset my Ipad because the FracPad app covered the entire screen and wouldn't budge. I left it on all night so that the battery would be dead which was my only option. Now In fairness I do see there are people that have had luck using this app with their iPad's, I didn't share that same experience.

I have requested a refund from Apples app store in hopes that Fractal will release their own version. The Axe Edit is Par Excellence along with all of Fractals products.

FracPad is not the culprit, how could it freeze an entire os?
Before asking for a refund, try it again, there's a lot of users using it on iPad pro, never encountered this problem...

Hello! Cool application! I'm evaluating the Lite version to determine if I want to purchase the full version or not. I have a quick question about adjusting Scene Output Levels. In Axe-Edit (screenshot below) or AX8-Edit...one can select the final Output and adjust the level for that scene. I don't see that ability in the output section in FracPad. When I select the Output in FracPad, no knobs or level adjustments appear. I do see a Mixer area...but it has no contents. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!
FracPad Out.JPG

Hello! Cool application! I'm evaluating the Lite version to determine if I want to purchase the full version or not. I have a quick question about adjusting Scene Output Levels. In Axe-Edit (screenshot below) or AX8-Edit...one can select the final Output and adjust the level for that scene. I don't see that ability in the output section in FracPad. When I select the Output in FracPad, no knobs or level adjustments appear. I do see a Mixer area...but it has no contents. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!
View attachment 43482
I think what you're missing is the full version. :)

View attachment 43482
Hi
It's there in the full version ;)

I have a couple of questions about the product.

First of all, what would be the point of using it on Windows or Mac OS? Just a replacement for Axe-Edit?

Second, more important, question is - would this work from, say, iOS, via Wi-Fi, with some wireless MIDI setup, through a PC connected directly to my Axe FX?

I have a couple of questions about the product.

First of all, what would be the point of using it on Windows or Mac OS? Just a replacement for Axe-Edit?

Second, more important, question is - would this work from, say, iOS, via Wi-Fi, with some wireless MIDI setup, through a PC connected directly to my Axe FX?
Yes replace axeedit and get more features
No need of a pc, use a Yamaha Bluetooth midi device and connect your ios device directly

Thanks for your replies.

I still have a PC connected running Ableton with automation, so that would be the most convenient way for me.

And isn’t that Yamaha thingie Mac only?

Hi AlGrenadine,
I really loved the OCD mode. Any chance that we’re able to fine tune to like 0.05 increments? Like... 7.25, 7.30, 7.35 .. etc...

I sound more... ocd now. :)

Back
Top Bottom