My Live Rig - PRS SC245 & Fractal AX8

Hey Leon, enjoy all your videos, post and awesome tones!! I just got a PRS SC245 (2014 NOS) for a bargain price (it was birthday present form my wife!). I'm a little disappointed by the tone from the pickups (#7's), they sound a bit one dimensional to my ears. Can you tell me which pickups are installed in yours? It sounds way closer to the tone I expected! Oh and watch out that for that X-Mann (my brother from another mother!), like a fungus he grows on you ;);):grinning::grinning:

They're 245 pickups, definitely some of my favourites. I'm guessing they're similar to something like a Duncan Custom 5 or Custom Custom?

Ha, Ha, Ha....Hey Rushian, congrats on the Birthday PRS Guitar man!!!! I wish my wife would do that....but since she dosen’t, I’ll have to keep buying my own Birthday Guitars! :D

You NEED to download this killer Mesa MKII C++ preset ASAP man. It’s the 1st preset that directly translated over to my set-up.

One day I hope to be called “The poor Mann’s Leon Todd” too! :p

Here’s LT’s preset (Scenes 1,3 & 4) & how they translated to my guitar & gear.....:cool:

I’m truly in love with this one!!!!

Thanks again LT!!!!

X

Great to know it works on your setup (which is very different to mine). Cheers for the shoutout too!

They're 245 pickups, definitely some of my favourites. I'm guessing they're similar to something like a Duncan Custom 5 or Custom Custom?

Great to know it works on your setup (which is very different to mine). Cheers for the shoutout too!
I've had a few questions about how I use the AX8 live, so here's how I do it (albeit in a controlled environment for this vid). I use the USA C++ model with a 57/121 blend from the Bipolar Cab Pack setup with 4 scenes for original shows (crunch, rhythmic delay, rotary and delay, lead) with a Mission SP-1 for wah. A scene controller takes care of gain changes and I use a subtle PEQ boost for solos.

Mindless self indulgence not included :p

Damn that sounds Smooth !! luv this tone

Back
Top Bottom