axe FX II XL+ or ?

Giordydiver

Inspired
hi guys, I'm a new member and i have a question for you. So, I sold my Helix because sound not so good for me, and now I'm going to buy an axe fx for Christmas. My only doubt is if buy it now or waiting after winter namm for a "probably" new model. Anyone know something about new axe? if it will be...
thank and stay rock!

Fractal does not schedule releases based on NAMM ,they don’t even participate,,other than use in other booths....now is the best time to but a new XL due to the sale going on....there are never any guarantees though, FAS could surprise us at any moment......

Again this thread?

Anyway, there is no axe fx 3 on the way. And even it was, the current model can last you a lifetime (for a good price too right now) and a new model would be an excellent chance to grap an even cheaper used axe fx 2 from an early adopter.

Grab an XL now. Lowest price it will be for awhile. Plus it will take quite awhile for anything new to even be shipping once its been announced. And nothing has even been hinted about an announcement of a III.

hell - that load box thingy was announced almost a year ago - and its still in transit - my gut tells me if there is a III out there in development, its minimum 2 years away from actually being released for consumption..
Just get the XL+ at the lowest price you'll see all year and enjoy...

I am in Europe and G66 sell without discount, so i dont want spend a lot of money now and after two month see a new model. But if there arent news about....

I am in Europe and G66 sell without discount, so i dont want spend a lot of money now and after two month see a new model. But if there arent news about....

I have to wonder whether or not the constant casual speculation about a new version here on the forums is having a negative impact on Fractal's business. I think all of the long-time forum members understand that the, "Look! A sale! That means the next version will be announced next month!", type of posts are just baseless speculation, but I'm not so sure that is evident to a casual visitor checking out the forum before deciding to buy a unit.

I decided to go ahead and buy an XL+ in the sale as I didn't want to wait for a newer version that may or may not be announced. I'm sure that the XL+ will be more than enough for my needs for a long time anyway !

I decided to go ahead and buy an XL+ in the sale as I didn't want to wait for a newer version that may or may not be announced. I'm sure that the XL+ will be more than enough for my needs for a long time anyway !

Congratulations.

I honestly don't think a new unit will see the light of day for another year and a half at the absolute minimum, if that. It could very well be another three years for all we know. I'd have no problem whatsoever buying a new Axe FX II today if I were in the market, though.

I have to wonder whether or not the constant casual speculation about a new version here on the forums is having a negative impact on Fractal's business. I think all of the long-time forum members understand that the, "Look! A sale! That means the next version will be announced next month!", type of posts are just baseless speculation, but I'm not so sure that is evident to a casual visitor checking out the forum before deciding to buy a unit.

Sorry but I dont understand..

ah ok, sorry but my english is not the best :D... however i dont say that, my question is indipendently to sales.. now axe fx is very complete and i dont need anymore, but if there will be a new unit i prefer wait, true is that i can alway sell it to buy the new unit when will be....

Even if they release a new version next month (which I'm certain they won't), an AFX II XL+ will still make you very happy for a long time.

The current version is like the uberversion of the II series. Why opt to buy the first initial version of a potential III series when improved versions are sure to follow a little later? It happened with the first series, it happened with the II series. Get a good deal on what's available now, which will serve you well for years to come, and if a III comes out, wait for the final improved version to finally make the leap.

Also congrats on making the leap yourself and buying a perfectly good product.

I jumped on this XL+ sale myself. I still have my original Mark I (I think I was like number 87 on the wait list when those came out) and honestly after some comparison of the two, I considered just sending the XL+ back. Any differences I heard were minuscule and probably due to nothing more than electronic component tolerances. But I think I'll keep the XL+ for the extra cab slots and sell my Mark I after the sale :cool:

The Axe FX 3 will come in 2018 without any doubt what so ever, not even the slightest doubt, it WILL arrive in 2018. But the XL+ its great. You will enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom