My Live Rig - PRS SC245 & Fractal AX8

Axe-Master
I've had a few questions about how I use the AX8 live, so here's how I do it (albeit in a controlled environment for this vid). I use the USA C++ model with a 57/121 blend from the Bipolar Cab Pack setup with 4 scenes for original shows (crunch, rhythmic delay, rotary and delay, lead) with a Mission SP-1 for wah. A scene controller takes care of gain changes and I use a subtle PEQ boost for solos.

Mindless self indulgence not included :p

Awesome playing and tone. It doesn't get any better than that.

\m/ (*_*) \m/ as usual Leon. Sounds stellar. Excellent riffage and tone.

Cheers guys :)

What delay model are you using?

The lead tone is the Digital Mono block (X state) and the rhythmic delay on scene 2 and scene 3 is the 2290 model with a dotted eighth/quarter dual delay.

I've attached the preset here; I'm using Recto SM57M C and Recto 121 1 from the Bipolar Cab Pack.

Attachments

• LT MKIIC++ FRFR 9.01.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 256
Thanks Leon!

The lead tone is the Digital Mono block (X state) and the rhythmic delay on scene 2 and scene 3 is the 2290 model with a dotted eighth/quarter dual delay.

I've attached the preset here; I'm using Recto SM57M C and Recto 121 1 from the Bipolar Cab Pack.
Thanks Leon!

Last edited:
No worries. I'm flirting with using the Tape Delay for my main lead sound and the Memory Man (which sounds great with the new FW update) for the rhythmic stuff. So many options in the box!
I really like the memory man in front of the amp, stereo tape post amp or the 2290 w/mod, when nothing but those perfect 80s delays will do (and that seems to be very often with me :p )

I really like the memory man in front of the amp, stereo tape post amp or the 2290 w/mod, when nothing but those perfect 80s delays will do (and that seems to be very often with me :p )
The 2290 in stereo (after the amp) with a compressed clean tone is bliss. Like the 90's never happened :p

OMG!!!!! That is a fantastic tone & spot on awesome Todd!!!! A++

What’s the USA C++ model again? Does this have anything to do w/ the CAE+ amp model? I’ve fallen in love w/ that one.

Your playing is as smooth as this preset is my man! You are a great ambassador for Fractal Audio systems & the AX8.

Thank you for the preset & have a great Holiday w/ family this year.

Great stuff & Peace! X

Note: I looked up what the USA C++ amp is based off of & I see now that it’s a Boogie. I’m new to Mesa actually & a TC-50 user now. The Mesa Tripple Crown is a very cool amp w/ killer EL34 based tones in it.

Last edited:
@2112
My number one AX8/Fractal ambassador. :)

Great video and demo as always! Will check this preset after my AX8 arrives. Thanks!

OMG!!!!! That is a fantastic tone & spot on awesome Todd!!!! A++

What’s the USA C++ model again? Does this have anything to do w/ the CAE+ amp model? I’ve fallen in love w/ that one.

Your playing is as smooth as this preset is my man! You are a great ambassador for Fractal Audio systems & the AX8.

Thank you for the preset & have a great Holiday w/ family this year.

Great stuff & Peace! X

Note: I looked up what the USA C++ amp is based off of & I see now that it’s a Boogie. I’m new to Mesa actually & a TC-50 user now. The Mesa Tripple Crown is a very cool amp w/ killer EL34 based tones in it.

Thanks man. I've been drooling over the TC-50 since it came out but haven't had the opportunity to play through one. Are you running 4CM with the AX8?

@2112
My number one AX8/Fractal ambassador. :)

Great video and demo as always! Will check this preset after my AX8 arrives. Thanks!

Cheers! I've still got the After Bear Ambient and 5150 patches in my AX8 that you shared in a bank of "reference tones" I play around with whenever I'm in the mood for something new.

Cheers! I've still got the After Bear Ambient and 5150 patches in my AX8 that you shared in a bank of "reference tones" I play around with whenever I'm in the mood for something new.

Haha! :) That's great to hear man! I'm getting my new AX8 in few days from G66 and hopefully get to share some new tones here later!

You have to listen our latest demo man!
The Storm Is Rising

Thanks man. I've been drooling over the TC-50 since it came out but haven't had the opportunity to play through one. Are you running 4CM with the AX8?
Hey Leon......

In my great EL34 tube amp search of 2017 I bought 3-stellar amps. The Friedman Runt 50, Carvin Legacy-3 & the Mesa TC-50. Each one is special w/ great tones, but the TC-50 is perfect & has the best Master Volume I’ve ever owned.

I actually run it w/ the FX8 & NOT the AX8. I’m using the midi amp channel switching & just like the “Pre/Post” layout & slightly lower nose floor of the FX8. I really don’t look at them as designed for the same purpose, but I know some do.

X-Rig 2017
Here’s my current rig for when I play out in the band Paranormal Sister....
Photo%20Nov%2011%2C%201%2049%2004%20PM.jpg

Once you check out the TC-50 amp or the new TC-100, you will be hooked for sure!

I’m going to check out your awesome/free preset & again, thanks for all your Fractal Passion (& warfare)!

X

Last edited:

Leon....I’m playing through your “LT MKIIC++” preset & I’m truly impressed buddy!

What’s the PEQ doing in Scene #4?

&......Do you always keep your Scene #4 Delay set at 600ms? Or do you set that to tap tempo at some point?

You did a stellar job here & I’m trying out different Mesa Cabint IR’s to get close to the ones you used.

It says a heck of a lot that you shared your AX8 preset with the rest of us muggles on the forum.

More later....& thanks again!

X

Last edited:
Hey Leon, enjoy all your videos, post and awesome tones!! I just got a PRS SC245 (2014 NOS) for a bargain price (it was birthday present form my wife!). I'm a little disappointed by the tone from the pickups (#7's), they sound a bit one dimensional to my ears. Can you tell me which pickups are installed in yours? It sounds way closer to the tone I expected! Oh and watch out that for that X-Mann (my brother from another mother!), like a fungus he grows on you ;);):grinning::grinning:

Hey Leon, enjoy all your videos, post and awesome tones!! I just got a PRS SC245 (2014 NOS) for a bargain price (it was birthday present form my wife!). I'm a little disappointed by the tone from the pickups (#7's), they sound a bit one dimensional to my ears. Can you tell me which pickups are installed in yours? It sounds way closer to the tone I expected! Oh and watch out that for that X-Mann (my brother from another mother!), like a fungus he grows on you ;);):grinning::grinning:
Ha, Ha, Ha....Hey Rushian, congrats on the Birthday PRS Guitar man!!!! I wish my wife would do that....but since she dosen’t, I’ll have to keep buying my own Birthday Guitars! :D

You NEED to download this killer Mesa MKII C++ preset ASAP man. It’s the 1st preset that directly translated over to my set-up.

One day I hope to be called “The poor Mann’s Leon Todd” too! :p

Here’s LT’s preset (Scenes 1,3 & 4) & how they translated to my guitar & gear.....:cool:

I’m truly in love with this one!!!!

Thanks again LT!!!!

X

Back
Top Bottom