Dj0nting with the new Blackglass 7k :)

Hi guys,

Here's a short demo track of the newly modeled Darkglass B7K in the context of a mix. I used it on the signal chain for the mids and highs. There wasn't really much I had to do. Just cranked the tone and output with a slight amount of gain and boosting some of the upper clanky mids x)
Let me know what you think. I will post the raw and processed bass sound if you want :)
cheers.

Hi guys,

Here's a short demo track of the newly modeled Darkglass B7K in the context of a mix. I used it on the signal chain for the mids and highs. There wasn't really much I had to do. Just cranked the tone and output with a slight amount of gain and boosting some of the upper clanky mids x)
Let me know what you think. I will post the raw and processed bass sound if you want :)
cheers.

Sounds great! When you say "Used it on the signal chain for mids and highs"... can you clarify what you mean in terms of the blocks used? Or upload the preset? Thanks!

Sounds great! When you say "Used it on the signal chain for mids and highs"... can you clarify what you mean in terms of the blocks used? Or upload the preset? Thanks!
Thanks! So the way I go about my bass presets is, that I split the signal in two and filter them. Signal one is only the bass and therefore will go through a clean bass amp without distortion, cause bassy distortion is bad! :p Signal two contains the mids and highs and I use a guitar amp in this chain. The processing on this is similar to the way I process my guitar signal (comp -> dist -> gate -> amp -> cab). The two signals are later mixed together with a mixer ^^

It sounds good, but it sounds like you over compressed the mix a bit! Lower the volume on your master fader a little bit and it will sound even better. I tend to sometimes put my stuff to load and it caused that overcompressed/washed out sounding issue too.

thanks for the advice bud, I noticed that too and it propably comes from the limiting stage. I dont really have any compression on my master except for a band machine ^^ the limiter however barely touches the peaks and reduces -3dB at max. Tried to avoid the mastering here since I always destroy the mix when I try to master it :p

Back
Top Bottom