'80s Lifeson tone Q - PCM80?

This is better . . . still not perfect on the amp tone but the flange and chorus are much improved. Scene 1 is clean and scene 2 is dirty. It needs a clean mix to be really right I think . . . I'll work on that later as well.

This is set up for my Wolfgang which is a fairly dark guitar btw - with my Strat with EMG S's I have to rein in the highs and add some lows.

I'll try to record a clip later if I get time . . .

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5865

EDITED - added clean mix

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5866

Last edited:
This is becoming a really phenomenal patch!
Damn near all my MK I can handle, but I'm working through optimization on my end. I'll try to record a clip with my Howard Roberts Fusion soon.

Cheers!

RAD!
I have a Ibanez Hd-1000 that I'd be willing to image to help with that part of the mix. It also has a big sticker on the top of it with suggested settings for effect types. I'll snap a photo of that and upload when I'm at my studio tonight.

Started working on a Rush GUP preset since you started this thread.
I’m basically using the template I use for all my presets. My workflow is more basic than yours.
I attached pics of the amp, chorus, cab and delay settings.
The Chorus is I believe from Azael's Tri Chorus preset. The first Delay is your PCM 80 Delay preset with the 2nd being an actual Delay @ 490 Ms.
Try Scenes 1,2 & 3. Toggle between X/Y for less or more effect.

Attachments

• Amp.png
    Amp.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Chorus.png
    Chorus.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Cab.png
    Cab.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Delay 1.png
    Delay 1.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Delay 2.png
    Delay 2.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Grace Under Pressure Q6.03.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 64
Started working on a Rush GUP preset since you started this thread.
I’m basically using the template I use for all my presets. My workflow is more basic than yours.
I attached pics of the amp, chorus, cab and delay settings.
The Chorus is I believe from Azael's Tri Chorus preset. The first Delay is your PCM 80 Delay preset with the 2nd being an actual Delay @ 490 Ms.
Try Scenes 1,2 & 3. Toggle between X/Y for less or more effect.
Why not send the .sys file?

Any chance of getting this preset exported for an AxeFX II?
I love the tones - I miss my old rig which had a PCM 80 in it also)..
Tim..

Great articles and work on the preset, guys. Re-doubling my offer to help if needed.

BTW: I actually bought a Lawrence L-500 from Bill back in the day. Years later, when he went bankrupt, my mom's interior design firm bought all of his CNC equipment. The programs for his guitars and pickups were still in the machines!

Great articles and work on the preset, guys. Re-doubling my offer to help if needed.

BTW: I actually bought a Lawrence L-500 from Bill back in the day. Years later, when he went bankrupt, my mom's interior design firm bought all of his CNC equipment. The programs for his guitars and pickups were still in the machines!

The L-500 is an awesome pickup! Did you keep the g-code for reverse engineering?

This is what sets Fractal apart. Nobody at Line6 is going to offer to analyze and recreate gear in their processors. So excited for the potential GUP sound.

This is what sets Fractal apart. Nobody at Line6 is going to offer to analyze and recreate gear in their processors. So excited for the potential GUP sound.
Hell yeha! Just like the Marshall JMP that they BOUGHT just because there was a thread of us talking about how good the amp was... they didn't ask for one to test, the bought one! Thats just awesome!

Back
Top Bottom