Have I messed up my MFC ?

blackadder

I have an MFC 101 mk 3. While playing around with the MFC-edit , I tried to change switch 16 and 17 to another setting. I found out later that those are permanent designations for those switches?!

Now 16 (tempo) doesn't work at all and 17 when engaged says searching for tuner (which does kick up tuner on the Axe Fx but nothing on MFC screen.

I downloaded the latest firmware and just did the latest stock dump from the MFC-edit , which includes the proper settings for switch 16 and 17......... still no worky

Everything else works fine and can be swapped around via MFC edit but those 2 switches seem to be fubared

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Update.....

I did manage to switch the IA switches to Filter and Rotary . So they operate as additional switches which is kinda what I wanted but when I try to convert back to original tuner and tempo......nada

Update.....

I did manage to switch the IA switches to Filter and Rotary . So they operate as additional switches which is kinda what I wanted but when I try to convert back to original tuner and tempo......nada

To clean things up you may consider a factory reset by holding down IA 11 while powering up.

Reactions: Ole
Gave it a shot. Same results. It reset 16 and 17 to tempo and tuner but neither worked. Switched to other effects and works fine with those....lol. I must have thrown the software for a loop.
Switches work and function properly but will not return to the old tempo and tuner function.

Gave it a shot. Same results. It reset 16 and 17 to tempo and tuner but neither worked. Switched to other effects and works fine with those....lol. I must have thrown the software for a loop.
Switches work and function properly but will not return to the old tempo and tuner function.
On the Axe, are the default cc#s 14 and 15 assigned to tempo and tuner ?

The defaults on the MFC are 16 and 17 respectively. Don't know if Axe Fx settings would effect? Is there an Axe menu item I need to look at?

On the Axe-Fx, SEND REALTIME SYSEX in the I/O MIDI menu needs to be set to ALL for tempo and tuner to work.

Back
Top Bottom