[Not a Bug] Error sound with Solo100 Rhy, IF it´s drive is controlled with Scene controllers

This is a kind of stupid answer.. Please..
I would say, for my part, that this shouldn't be a complicated process at all. When it go automated from one value to another value and in this process it has to calculate the same CPU as to add an Reverb block. The calculation of the drive must be connected to the amp block and NOT a modifier..? Jezz

The calculation of the drive must be connected to the amp block and NOT a modifier..? Jezz
Yes. That’s exactky what everyone, including that guy who designed the algorithm, has been saying. When you change the drive parameter some models have to do harder computations to adjust for the change. Attaching a controller to the parameter is akin to changing it manually; the math needs to be done on parameter change.

If you can't do it better yourself, then shut the fuck up body..! And stay away..!

OOh, how nice.. And thank you for the clever comment..

In all seriousness: You asked a question, were given an answer by the owner of the company, and then dismissed his answer stating that it shouldn't be as difficult to code as he says it is. My comments assume that you know nothing of coding or digital signal processing. Armchair engineering crops up often on the forum, and is fertile fodder for such comments. If you are, in fact, a DSP expert, then I stand corrected and await your line of amp modelers in earnest.

Rather than hurl profanity, I choose to employ humor and sarcasm to illustrate the folly of myself and others. Whether or not you approve, you have your answer from the top dog at the company.

XXXOOO :heartssuit::kiss:

Last edited:
This has been discussed before.

Cliff: "Depending upon the amp model it can take a lot of CPU to calculate the Input Drive network. Some amps have simple networks that are rapidly solved. Others, like the Hook Lead and Rhythm models have complex networks that require more math. If you attach a modifier to the Input Drive it is constantly recalculating the network which increases CPU usage."

(wiki)

So the modifier is actually helping in the amp block's calculations and not just providing a externally facing parameter value? That would make sense then.

So the modifier is actually helping in the amp block's calculations and not just providing a externally facing parameter value? That would make sense then.
I'm curious myself. I interpret Cliff's statement as there being "reserved" CPU when a modifier is assigned to anticipate realtime changes based on the fact that a modifier was assigned in the first place. There is no reason to assign a modifier unless you intend to use it to modulate the parameter, in which case, you'll need the CPU power.

Sort of like instantiating a block assuming it will use its maximum CPU resources.

Last edited:
Yeah.. sure "what gear have you designed".. Actually I have paid $2500 dollar for some equipment, who actually have a SERIOUS, problem with an automated process to go from one value to another.. How f... stupid is that?

It's ME who are asking the questions here, as a costumer and not the audio Fractal..

Please close my account here.. and stop posting in this tread.. I'm out.

How is it complicated math..?
There is no way to understand the answer to your question until you've taken a course in circuit analysis.

The short answer:

You can mathematically describe the behavior of an electronic network by starting with a couple of rules about cuircuit behavior (Kirchhoff's laws) and then using either Thevenin's theorem or Norton's theorem to develop a set of simultaneous equations to describe the behavior of each loop or node in the network.

The rules themselves are dead simple. Developing the equations can be tricky, especially when the network contains complex impedances that aren't apparent from the schematic. Actually solving those equations for anything beyond the simplest networks can be downright difficult.

Last edited:
There is no way to understand the answer to your question until you've taken a course in circuit analysis.

The short answer:

You can mathematically describe the behavior of an electronic network by starting with a couple of rules about cuircuit behavior (Kirchhoff's laws) and then using either Thevenin's theorem or Norton's theorem to develop a set of simultaneous equations to describe the behavior of each loop or node in the network.

The rules themselves are dead simple. Developing the equations can be tricky, especially when the network contains complex impedance that aren't apparent from e schematic. Actually solving those equations for anything beyond the simplest networks can be downright difficult.
All this....and assuming the circuit is linear. Add non-linearities and......boom.

Back
Top Bottom