Fractal Sale Wow!!!

I remember when I was on the fence about getting an Axe FX II.... the Black November sale pushed me over the edge. It has probably saved me more in G.A.S. than the cost of the unit and the MFC101 combined. It is truly the #1 purchase of anything I have ever bought.. I sound like a FanBoy.... probably because I am.....

Seconded! I was apprehensive about how good it could really be till I acquired one. For this price, It's a no brainder!

No, no sales in Europe, I asked G66. Axe-FX-II is now almost 1200$ more expensive for us... (2915 $ equivalent). G66 have a great service, I can't deny it, but price is really an issue.

Last edited:
No, no sales in Europe, I asked G66. Axe-FX-II is now almost 1200$ more expensive for us... (2915 $ equivalent). G66 have a great service, I can't deny it, but price is really an issue.
Yeah I also immediately checked with them. Wish there was a way to ship to Europe straight from fractal, sure shipping and import duties would be costly but nowhere near this price difference.

I think it was about this time last year when a sale price convinced me to buy a XL+ when I already had a perfectly good AFX II. No regrets whatsoever.

Well....USD 1800 in US&Canada and USD 2900 in Europe....thats a huge difference.
Maybe you would sell quite a few more units if the price was right... good for business ;)
Seems G66 are taking advantage being the only dealer in Europe. Would be nice if they got some competition.
If you consider a couple things you can realize g66 doesn't overprice Fractal items.
Normal price (without the november sale) of the XL+ in USA is 2149$ but it does not include VAT (19% in Germany) and 3-years warranty (249$). If you add these the price becomes 2853.62$, roughly 2446€ at the current change. Just 53€ less than G66 price.

Importing it directly from the USA you should also add customs taxes and overseas shipping and that would end up costing more than buying from G66 :)

Edit: unless you use a barely legal way to import it avoiding customs and VAT

Last edited:
Yeah I also immediately checked with them. Wish there was a way to ship to Europe straight from fractal, sure shipping and import duties would be costly but nowhere near this price difference.

Have you considered a proxy service like comGateway?

If you consider a couple things you can realize g66 doesn't overprice Fractal items.
Normal price (without the november sale) of the XL+ in USA is 2149$ but it does not include VAT (19% in Germany) and 3-years warranty (249$). If you add these the price becomes 2853.62$, roughly 2446€ at the current change. Just 53€ less than G66 price.

Importing it directly from the USA you should also add customs taxes and overseas shipping and that would end up costing more than buying from G66 :)

Edit: unless you use a barely legal way to import it avoiding customs and VAT

Intellectually I know you're right. But in my gut I feel saddened because our American friends get nice Black October deals, and so far, we get nothing. As usual EU consumers get screwed. Not so much by g66, but somehow the EU is screwing over its citizens. And then they wonder why so many of them start hating it. Where's the justice in me having to pay massive import duties and VAT charges while major corporations avoid paying taxes altogether and slosh away billions through government facilitated loopholes.

I'll get off my soapbox now. They're dangerous things once you get my age.

Intellectually I know you're right. But in my gut I feel saddened because our American friends get nice Black October deals, and so far, we get nothing. As usual EU consumers get screwed. Not so much by g66, but somehow the EU is screwing over its citizens. And then they wonder why so many of them start hating it. Where's the justice in me having to pay massive import duties and VAT charges while major corporations avoid paying taxes altogether and slosh away billions through government facilitated loopholes.

I'll get off my soapbox now. They're dangerous things once you get my age.
Well that's another matter and totally agree with what you say about EU.
And better not to talk about the imposed austerity and national balance regulations..

Let's not get political, guys - it's disallowed.
Let's also not point out that there are great services like MyUS which allow you to purchase from U.S. sites and ship to a U.S. "address", which then gets re-posted to you. There are several services like this, but I definitely wouldn't advise you to look into it because it might save you quite a bit of money, but be ethically questionable to suggest on this board.

Anyway, here's the link I'm not sharing with you.

https://www.myus.com/

Let's not get political, guys - it's disallowed.
Let's also not point out that there are great services like MyUS which allow you to purchase from U.S. sites and ship to a U.S. "address", which then gets re-posted to you. There are several services like this, but I definitely wouldn't advise you to look into it because it might save you quite a bit of money, but be ethically questionable to suggest on this board.

Anyway, here's the link I'm not sharing with you.

https://www.myus.com/
Those kind of services are the ones I was referring to as barely legal.. Anyway anyone wanting to go that route must also take into account that US Fractal warranty is not valid in EU

Those kind of services are the ones I was referring to as barely legal.. Anyway anyone wanting to go that route must also take into account that US Fractal warranty is not valid in EU

I could live with that. I reckon a US Axe FX would need a converter to run on European 230v though. And you'd still have to brave customs services with that service.

I could live with that. I reckon a US Axe FX would need a converter to run on European 230v though.
The back of my Axe FX Mk ii says 100-240v and 50-60hz - I believe that the unit is international out of the box.

EDIT: You beat me to it while I was getting baby back to sleep DLC, sneaky!

Back
Top Bottom