Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.01 Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nephew brought his guitar over today, so I had a chance to do an extenuated simultaneous side-by-side comparison of 9.01 Beta (on my Axe II) vs. 8.02 Release (on my AX8).

The improvement in Q9 is unmistakable. It's clearer, spankier. squeezier, and just plain more fun to play.

Now to load up beta 2...

Last edited:
About screen is correct with 9.01 Beta2 though, and it sounds lovely as ever :)

Really loved the Deluxe Mind Guy improvements in 9.00, really digging the speaker compression improvements in 9.01... 8.02 who? ;)

Wearing out the F5 key in the AX8 forum. Totes jelly of you guys getting all these updates so quickly.

I’m almost hopeful Cliff doesn’t strike gold again soon so that we at least get some iteration of Q9 on the AX8 before he jumps to Q10.

Aw man, I had already made that weird distortion on the Deluxe Reverb into my signature sound, and recorded a whole album's worth of material with it. I was gonna be huge! Now my dreams of stardom are dashed!

Kidding aside, thanks much for all you do, Cliff. You continue to amaze with your brilliant ideas and perseverance to bring them to reality.

Actually noticed a weird out of blue change is a couple Fender presets last night- like a shrill cocked Wah turning on.

Happened again in this Beta 2 version in 59 Bassguy stock preset.
I switched to different preset and back and it was fine, but something funky might still be going on.

Using Axe Fx XL.

EDIT: Might have been my Expression pedal being in toe down position.

Last edited:
Actually noticed a weird out of blue change is a couple Fender presets last night- like a shrill cocked Wah turning on.

Happened again in this Beta 2 version in 59 Bassguy stock preset.
I switched to different preset and back and it was fine, but something funky might still be going on.

Using Axe Fx XL.

Do you have an expression pedal connected to External 1? Have you tried unplugging it and seeing if it still happens? Alternately, shunt the wah block that's in there? I only ask, because that stock 59 Bassguy patch does have a wah with an auto engage on it, might be getting triggered accidentally... worth ruling out if nothing else.

I noticed the weird distortion with the Deluxe Reverb model using 9.01 early on but it seemed to disappear after rebooting the Axe several hours later. I installed Beta 2 just to be on the safe side.

Do you have an expression pedal connected to External 1? Have you tried unplugging it and seeing if it still happens? Alternately, shunt the wah block that's in there? I only ask, because that stock 59 Bassguy patch does have a wah with an auto engage on it, might be getting triggered accidentally... worth ruling out if nothing else.
I use a MFC 101 Mk2.

I had a couple patches turn on the Wah by itself. LOL.
My Expression pedal is hooked up to the MFC and may have been toe down in the engaged position ( I use Auto Engage).
That might have been the problem. Good catch.

I use a MFC 101 Mk2.

I had a couple patches turn on the Wah by itself. LOL.
My Expression pedal is hooked up to the MFC and may have been toe down in the engaged position ( I use Auto Engage).
That might have been the problem. Good catch.
I use Auto Engage as well & was having an issue with the Wah going in & out randomly, especially after using it. I had to take it apart & tighten up the nuts on the arms inside the Wah. They had either just loosened up a tad or it had broken in just enough to have to be tightened up. Been fine ever since. It did start off slow, but got worse over time.
If you click on your Wah Block and watch it you’ll be able to see it bouncing around a bit on the parameter the controller is attached to, at least I was able to. It’d bounce around a bit then eventually stop.

*Apologies for the slight hijack.

I use Auto Engage as well & was having an issue with the Wah going in & out randomly, especially after using it. I had to take it apart & tighten up the nuts on the arms inside the Wah. They had either just loosened up a tad or it had broken in just enough to have to be tightened up. Been fine ever since. It did start off slow, but got worse over time.
If you click on your Wah Block and watch it you’ll be able to see it bouncing around a bit on the parameter the controller is attached to, at least I was able to. It’d bounce around a bit then eventually stop.

*Apologies for the slight hijack.

Well, at least I know neither the Axe or I was not going crazy. LOL.
I just reprogrammed my MFC and started using it again recently.

Thanks for the info. I think my pedal might be a little wonky and need some attention.

In any event- this FW is sounding really good.

Wow, just thought I'd check the thread before bed, and already another one - I'm going to go to sleep now....really tired...after I download and install this puppy as my mind drifts off to the thought of tropical islands, dancing girls, coconuts (dancing girls) and volcanic guitar playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom