Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

If Speaker Comp is zero the time constant does nothing. Any perceived difference is perceptual bias.

If you turn Speaker Comp to zero 9.00 is identical to 8.02.

Removed the “Motor Drive” and “Transformer Grind” algorithms and associated parameters from the Amp block.

If the presets in question were using said removed parameters (in FW8.02), I'm not sure they would be identical, though, right?

What do you mean.. Normal position are Attack=Flat, Grunt=Raw ?. The pedal have 3 positions (Up,Middle,down)

lol..
On the Real B7K Attack have 3 position.. Flat ..Boost..Cut
And Grunt have..3 position ..Fat..Thin..Raw

Then your answer would be .. Attack was BOOST And Grunt was THIN

He's asking what the default position for the modeled b7k is. Did Cliff model the pedal with the Attack switch in "Flat" and Grunt in "Raw" position and allow us to simulate the other two positions from there?

He's asking what the default position for the modeled b7k is. Did Cliff model the pedal with the Attack switch in "Flat" and Grunt in "Raw" position and allow us to simulate the other two positions from there?
I assume you guys didn't read the release notes? This question was answered very early on:

Added “Blackglass 7K” Drive model based on a Darkglass B7K. The model was obtained with the Attack and Grunt switches in the middle positions. The Grunt switch changes the low-cut frequency therefore the Low Cut control can be used to replicate this switch. The Attack switch controls a shelving filter on the input and can be replicated using the Tone control.

Remember, too, that adding Speaker Comp—or any other kind of compression—will lower the volume. And that will always sound less clear/less defined, unless you make up the gain.
Extremely helpful tip. And I know you're also implying without saying it, that turning down Spkr Comp will reduce mudiness, which has been my experience when I'm going for more shimmering cleans. I personally love both options.

I assume you guys didn't read the release notes? This question was answered very early on:

I think what they’re saying is that ‘middle’ could also refer to its position in the frequency spectrum — meaning flat, not boosted, not cut. Which would also make sense conceptually.

If Speaker Comp is zero the time constant does nothing. Any perceived difference is perceptual bias.

If you turn Speaker Comp to zero 9.00 is identical to 8.02.

...limited to the time constants setting it is identical?
Besides that the sound changed, right? Mine did. Went up and down a few times. It did. Did it?
Perception can't be that wrong, can it?

I rarely chime in, and all my posts show my continually love and support for all things Fractal. I always update and saw "WOW", but this time was different. My tone just seems... I dunno, flat? I did an outdoor festival 3 weeks ago and my tone was just insane. Took 2 weeks off after landing, and fired it up, installed firmware 9, and it just sounds blah I guess. I have never experienced this since day own of being a Fractal owner. Not sure what to do. I need to google how to go backwards in firmware, record something, then reinstall 9, and record something and see if its just me or not. It's just doesn't have the hard rock balls it had. hmmm. I still love you Cliff! I am just being honest here:(

I'm honestly really surprised by what some users are saying about this FW. I used it live last night and had the best sound in a long time, I'm seriously considering not updating again (have said that before). I sometimes think I'm on some opposite spectrum, there have been updates where users have raved and I was not really getting it; and then there have been updates like this where I honestly think it is sounding super yet a lot of users are saying the opposite. Maybe it's down to a type of music, or playing style/guitar type etc. But I own a Strat, Tele and Les Paul - all sound awesome!

Back
Top Bottom