AX8 looses global settings including Large Display Mode

Rippin

Anyone had an issue with the AX8 loosing the global settings including Large Display Mode?

Seems like every other time I turn the unit on I have to go back thru my global settings and turn back on the Large Display Mode.

It also looses the spillover settings.

I'm on 7.01 firmware although this firmware didn't have this issue until recently like within the last month. It used to stay on in Large Display Mode.

Help.... :)

No. I haven't had problems with losing global settings. My unit did exhibit occasional, intermittent strange switching behavior -- preset band up works, but not down or visa versa and seemed like it also once or twice auto changed presets. I backed everything up, did a reset and reinstalled firmware and haven't seen any of those problems in last three months.

Never seen that on mine. I'd try reinstalling the FW, or moving to the latest FW, and then contact support if that does not help.

One thing that might cause this would be if you turn the unit OFF while it is saving settings. Wait a moment before powering down and see if this helps.

One thing that might cause this would be if you turn the unit OFF while it is saving settings. Wait a moment before powering down and see if this helps.
I actually have never turned it off while saving settings.

One other thing I noticed is sometimes it is powered off in bank 30 but when it powers up it's in bank 1....

I actually have never turned it off while saving settings.

One other thing I noticed is sometimes it is powered off in bank 30 but when it powers up it's in bank 1....
Mine has done this twice, I started waiting 5 seconds after touching anything on the unit before turning it off. I think expression pedal movement while shutting down can cause this.

Mine has done this twice, I started waiting 5 seconds after touching anything on the unit before turning it off. I think expression pedal movement while shutting down can cause this.
OK, thanks. New shutdown procedure -> unplug expression pedals, then power off :)

I must admit I have had this happen once. Pain losing the global settings as the custom harmonies are in there. I now have all those settings photographed in my iPhone and of course have backups every time we change the set round.
Mine is working great for what I use it for (live). I am still on v6.0x. Can't even remember when the last time I updated it was. :)

It happened to me a few times before I bad an expression pedal.. I wasn't changing settings or saving presrts.. it just booted up with the default global settings a few times.

Yes same here, i experienced this twice, and I didnt even have any expression pedal plugged in. My global EQ settings get reset and I start at preset bank 1.

I am using the latest version of both AX8 Edit and the V8.02 firmware.

I am getting worried because I live in Singapore ordered the AX8 via freight forwarder, and thus unsure how the warranty is going to work :(

Last edited:
Yes same here, i experienced this twice, and I didnt even have any expression pedal plugged in. My global EQ settings get reset and I start at preset bank 1.

I am using the latest version of both AX8 Edit and the V8.02 firmware.

I am getting worried because I live in Singapore ordered the AX8 via freight forwarder, and thus unsure how the warranty is going to work :(
I didn't even think about the global Eq..... but you are right, the eq was reset too. I'm going to make sure my presets have a good eq with the global eq flat I guess for now. One other thing I did was make sure my F1 and F2 were not flashing when I power down. Seems to have helped.

As M@ said earlier, shutting the unit off while the global configuration is being saved is the most likely cause of these issues. Any time you make a change on the unit, give the unit 30 seconds or so before shutting it off.

I saved my settings and played on it for nearly an hour before shutting off.
I would never try to power off immediately during/after saving my settings.

I would also like to add that the global footswitches also gets reset as well, in addition to global EQ and starting from bank 1.

As M@ said earlier, shutting the unit off while the global configuration is being saved is the most likely cause of these issues. Any time you make a change on the unit, give the unit 30 seconds or so before shutting it off.
Joe, I haven't been making any changes to the global settings in months. When I do my programming of the various presets, I always save my settings and then i try out to make sure it sounds good so for sure 30 seconds have gone by. Any rate, I'll keep this in mind when I'm getting ready to power down the unit. My shutdown procedure now is I first unplug the expression pedals. Next, I make sure the F1 and F2 lights are not flashing. Then I power down. Using this procedure so far has worked for me (I haven't lost any global settings from a power down/power up sequence). I also make sure the edit light is not on (from the tap delay).

Happened again to me last night. I don't think I changed anything on the AX8 prior to shutting it off, but I need to pay closer attention to that in the future. I definitely did not make any changes in the Global settings. I haven't touched those in quite a while. My expression pedal always stays plugged in because it is permanently mounted and wired with the AX8.

Happened again to me last night. I don't think I changed anything on the AX8 prior to shutting it off, but I need to pay closer attention to that in the future. I definitely did not make any changes in the Global settings. I haven't touched those in quite a while. My expression pedal always stays plugged in because it is permanently mounted and wired with the AX8.
Make sure nothing bumps your Ax8 when you are shutting down, it could cause your expression pedal to move a bit.

Yeah, that is one of the things I was thinking of when I said I need to pay more attention to things when I am shutting it off.

Back
Top Bottom